Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have another topic on here which explains my entire circumstance. I have had DP on and off for about 8 years. I usually get a full blown panic attack for whatever reason ever 6-12 months and it comes with a big dose of DP.. the DP usually lasts 1 week of full blown intense craziness, i feel absolutely no relief in that time, i get suicidal thoughts, i question everything, everyone and i really feel insane.

Anyway, so the last few days over the holidays, i'm finding i get really short bursts of DP - so strong that i'm scared it will turn into a huge bout of DP that will last for weeks. however i do have a way of fending the feeling off, i usually do something to stop it. I stomp my foot or hit something if i am alone, or i make a noise or jump up really quickly to be alone, i know this draws attention to me, but i also realise, oh shit i look like a maniac quick act normal, and usually i do, because someone is looking at me and i feel very in the moment as if to say nope don't do it brain, not a good time.

i'm just wondering if a lot of other people snap themselves out sometimes? i know some weird things can help. clenching your fists, hitting something can give you a physical sensation can remind you yep i'm alive, and other things such as stomping your foot or making some noise can help you snap out too.

Let me know your techniques?

Merry Xmas guys, i'm really sorry if anyone is really stuck inside their DP world right now, I feel for you!

·
Registered
362 Posts
It seems I've been able to build this next level of dissociation over the years. Once it starts kicking in overdrive, I have the ability to shut my thoughts off completely and I sort of just feel like a camera, witnessing life. This sounds like intensified DP/DR, and also sounds quite frightening, but when I do this it also shuts out the negative emotions and sensations so it seems to work wonders for me.

Hope you're having a nice holiday!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts