Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, can anybody maybe relate to this topic?

its like, i can picture things in my mind and i have an inner monologue and i can also organize things in my head for the next day. but those are very blurry and distant from me. sometimes i wonder if its the depersonalization what does detach myself from them. or is this a kind of the blank mind?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Definitely can relate. I feel like Im in quicksand and reality and even my own thoughts are out of my reach. And I also suffer from slight cognitive impairment, Mainly extremely irritating memory loss. It could definitely be a symptom of DPDR. Though im beginning to think that the line between blank mind and DPDR is blurred. Like, the reason why peoples minds become blank is the same reason why we dissociate if I am correct; to protect ourselves from trauma. Also, I think depersonalization can manifest as having no inner monologue. When one has no sense of self they will feel as if there is no agent that is operating the thoughts in their mind--no narration. I still have some semblance of an inner monologue but damn do I feel like I don't exist.

Im curious, did you suffer from any degree of a "blanker" mind in your first episode?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely can relate. I feel like Im in quicksand and reality and even my own thoughts are out of my reach. And I also suffer from slight cognitive impairment, Mainly extremely irritating memory loss. It could definitely be a symptom of DPDR. Though im beginning to think that the line between blank mind and DPDR is blurred. Like, the reason why peoples minds become blank is the same reason why we dissociate if I am correct; to protect ourselves from trauma. Also, I think depersonalization can manifest as having no inner monologue. When one has no sense of self they will feel as if there is no agent that is operating the thoughts in their mind--no narration. I still have some semblance of an inner monologue but damn do I feel like I don't exist.

Im curious, did you suffer from any degree of a "blanker" mind in your first episode?
i cant remember that good, i definitely had have brain fog where my thoughts was slowed and it was difficult sometimes to remember recent things those happened. but i cant remember for a case of blank mind. i think actually no. because i was much more intergrated in real life even everything did seemed blurry and dreamlike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts