Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious how many here have self diagnosed themselves with depersonalization and how many have been diagnosed by a professional?

I have seen a few therapists and a psychiatrist and while of course they know about depersonalization, they don't seem to really know how to treat it and deal with it? Is this anyone else's experience? Just curious!

I am diagnosed with OCD and anxiety.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I really don't care what a professional has to say. "Mental illnesses" are, by definition, subjective experiences, and a professional diagnosis can go along way in creating a new problem (that is, the patient can start behaving then way they are expected to based on their diagnosis). I did see many therapists and doctors, got diagnosed with many things, but never with depersonalization. I got to this description by googling "feeling spaced out" and other things that led to depersonalization. I wouldn't say that I've "diagnosed" myself though, I'm just here because of all the communities I've visited, I most closely relate to the problems that people here struggle with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts