Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 16 i've been suffering with derealization for about a year now. I got it through weed use and have had it since then. I didn't know what it was until i stumbled upon it probably 4-5 months ago. I've tried not "thinking about" which does not help in anyway. After everything ive been suffering from i decided it was time to see someone with a better understanding of what im going through and how to treat it. SO starting this day forward im going to get the help i really need. can you tell me your recovery story and how long it took? does it require prescription drugs to get rid of? have you naturally gotten rid of it with out the need of other drugs?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm 16 i've been suffering with derealization for about a year now. I got it through weed use and have had it since then. I didn't know what it was until i stumbled upon it probably 4-5 months ago. I've tried not "thinking about" which does not help in anyway. After everything ive been suffering from i decided it was time to see someone with a better understanding of what im going through and how to treat it. SO starting this day forward im going to get the help i really need. can you tell me your recovery story and how long it took? does it require prescription drugs to get rid of? have you naturally gotten rid of it with out the need of other drugs?
Expect no psychiatrist or therapist to have a freaking clue what dp/dr is. They're were totally useless in my experience.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The help you really need is not yet commercially available. You will realize this in time. I recommend you stop any activity that insults your brain, and take the best care of your health. Be positive as you can be in your mindfulness and have faith that your brain/mind will respond and heal. (it can and will).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts