Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm starting to not know who I am at all and I have a new fear of not being able to talk.
Is this normal???
I mean I can talk but my mouth almost feels numb or like I'm not gonna be able to speak and it terrifies me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Kay,

If I remember well you just started antidepressants, right?

The first weeks they can be very annoying and scary but afterwards you should feel a lot better.

Don't worry, you are still you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.
And yes I took my first dose yesterday I'm getting more understanding on what makes my dpdr worse.
I was having a conversation with friends about how I feel and how I just feel like I'm not where I'm suppose to be in life. Just a few years ago I was doing well financially, spiritually, relationship wise and then a lot happened this passed year that's made me question my own decisions.
I've questioned my faith,my friendships,my relationship,even myself and who I really am.now Everytime I talk about feeling lost I get this fear that I am gone and that I'll never be me again. And I fear that I'll forget who I am altogether.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well, forgetting who you are is the essence of depersonalisation Kay. But you are never truly lost, you always come back.

A few years ago I was also riding high. Now all i feel is paranioa and fear. I've had to work my way up from ground zero. It'll all come back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts