Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Please ask any questions related to RP/RR and the exercises here.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
Jul 13 2014 01:43 AM

How can I get the stupid idea of solipsism out of my head and just realize that everyone and everything around me is real?

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

jonobe
Jul 13 2014 02:27 AM

Answer:

Solipsism is the idea that only the mind exists.

Usually dp/dr sufferers do not truly believe this. The anguish is that everything appears and feels as if it is not real, yet the 'person within' knows that things are real 'really', in spite of not seeming so.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
Jul 13 2014 01:30 PM

My problem is I'm not really so dp anymore but sometimes I mean I just can't will myself in my head to say that the world is real whether my dp is acting up or not. Sometimes I really do think I believe this I mean I'm not really sure if I believe it or not its so confusing..

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

jonobe
Jul 14 2014 01:55 AM

You can not 'will' yourself to believe things. Look at it like this: a part of you believes, a part of you doesn't. These parts don't agree. They both have very good reasons.

Could you say when you last did have a sense of realness?

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
Jul 14 2014 11:50 PM

I honestly feel "real" now or somewhat do like how I use to. I just wonder maybe back then I just didnt realize that I was the only one real. Maybe this is all real but I'm the only conscious one.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

jonobe
Jul 15 2014 01:33 PM

'back then' and 'now'.

Something happened between the two.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
Jul 15 2014 03:02 PM

Haha well everything I've been trough the last 9 months has probably scarred me a little bit don't you think? Ik things are real but sometimes I can't help but fear even though I'm starting to feel much more real and alive again! What do you think?

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

jonobe
Jul 16 2014 01:28 PM

Mental scars can heal pretty good in time.

I would be interested in how the 9 months started. What happened the first, say, evening/day? Can you say about that?

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
Jul 16 2014 10:38 PM

I smoked marijuana. I started feeling funny and I didn't understand why I felt so weird. Had my biggest panic attack, swore I was dying. At first I just thought I was dying the first few months. I didn't think that things were un real even though they felt unreal. Then I started the solipsism and all those weird thoughts after not being able to escape the feelings but I first wondered what was wrong with me before I wondered what was wrong with the world although I have had solipsism troubles way before any of this started. Never believed it just a thought in my mind that bothered me at a young age.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

jonobe
Jul 17 2014 11:42 AM

Thanks for sharing. Solipsism is quite an interesting idea, and I don't think it's necessarily a 'bad' thing to think about. Philosophy can be amazing. You were philosophically curious as a kid and observant to the way things can be looked at differently. But this bothered you.

I ask about 'how did it start' because your, 'I smoked marijuana' is important. So, like, was it your first marijuana? Who were you with? (I'm not asking names, just kind of who they were they to you (friend/neighbour/stranger) Did you like them? What was their view on life/things?

Like, the moments before you triggered, what was going on in your head?

If you can remember this as best you can, it will give you insight in to a whole lot more.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
Jul 17 2014 06:53 PM

It was my first time smoking and I was just with my friends. No thoughts were going on honestly all that happened was I smoked and it started feeling funny and I was just freaking out. Just such a horrible moment.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

Unknown Account
Jul 18 2014 01:00 PM

Please follow my page because it is extremely important to your recovery.

Email me if you have any concerns or questions at [email protected]

Thanks.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

jonobe
Jul 18 2014 02:43 PM

Please follow my page because it is extremely important to your recovery.

Email me if you have any concerns or questions at [email protected]ail.com

Thanks.
Look, 'dpdrhelp', you are not important to anyone's recovery. Don't tell me I need your help. You don't know me. You're a pest. Go away.

To anyone else reading - NEVER trust someone you don't know who says, 'hey, email me and I will offer you help that you must have.' You know they've got something to hide and they're very likely to be untrustworthy, possibly sinister and after something. If they're any good, they will be happy to offer advice in view of others/this forum. Stay safe.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

jonobe
Jul 18 2014 02:54 PM

dion,

you're first time - sounds really nasty and I'm really sorry to hear about it. I'm guessing (hoping) you haven't done it again.

Sometimes, to get out of a labyrinth, the way out is where you came in. So that's why I'm saying revisit it (in your memory) and feel the start over again. This might sound the opposite of what you should do, but it can bring up stuff and move stuff on.

Although you were with friends, there may have been pressures there that you need to be acknowledge. Like, did you smoke because others did, or anything like that? Was there a person there who maybe you were cautious of or who was 'leading' you others on to it?

Even with friends, we can sometimes feel pressure, or have other hidden negative feelings about.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, just ignore me. But if there's any 'negativity', even slight, you can remember, this can help you understand your reaction.

If not, hey, no matter, I wish you well, and hope you find bits of happiness in this tough time

1 - 1 of 1 Posts