Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been with dr because of weed, sorry for the Englishman. My first symptoms were that it seemed that I was in a dream, I was somewhere but it seemed that I was not, some days did not recognize me in the mirror, it left me in a deep sadness. I started with antidepressants, but it didn't help at all, just panic and anxiety. A while ago I started with risperdal, those feelings of not being present and looking like I was in a dream passed and now only the lack of feeling left. But it's a great lack of feeling, if it's raining I don't feel, if it's noon, afternoon or night it's all the same making things a little weird and also the lack of pleasure in the things I used to like. Tomorrow I have a doctor and I will complain about this lack of feeling at all, oh and forgot to say that I started lamotrigine a few weeks ago, but for now I didn't feel any difference. I'll leave the news here and if anyone has any hints of this lack of feeling and pleasure tell me please

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Try to be hopeful. The lack of feelings can be temporary. Try to stay engaged in life to the extent that you can and still feel comfortable. I don't think it is helpful to withdraw too much. I went through something similar. I was agoraphobic and couldn't leave the house

because things did not seem real and I was extremely frightened and anxious. I took 2 steps forward, and one step back until I was able to spend a few hours away from my home. I continued to expand my horizons a bit at a time. I can tell you it took a long time and I did not make it back to normal for many years.

But, I did recover myself eventually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts