Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just got back onto this community. For a few years the dp was not that debilitating. I was able to function and keep a job and have a somewhat stable life. I was on medications and always trying to different ones to find that perfect balance to ease the symptoms. In June of 2017 i started seeing a chiropractor and she said that by doing alignments that i could steer away from doing any medications but it was not recommended. the pills that i was on where making me feel ok.. but i hate being on medications anyways so i stopped taking them. In September of 2017 one day everything hit me. I had a giant panic attack and just cried in my room. I called into work the next day and the feeling of anxious never went away. I went to the doctor and got put back on the meds. I continued to take the next few weeks off because going to work was hell. It felt like i was in a dream state and on edge the entire time. it was exhausting and horrible. just wanted to sit in the bathroom and cry. The meds that i was on previous that i stopped taking was put back on again and they didn't seem to do anything. It never got better. So we tried another set of pills. Citalopram and a small dose of buspirone. It seemed to help a little. But i was not sleeping at all. So they also gave me meds to sleep a little better at night. That barely helped so i got switched to a different one. It seems to help a bit but i hate having to rely on medication to get a good nights sleep. I had to quit my full time job and now im working part time and having to rely on my husband I have some good days but they are few and far between. Does everyone else experience these symptoms?

-tired all the time

-disconnected feeling like in a dream all the time

-head to concentrate

-tension headaches

-no motivation

-numbness of the senses

-anxious all the time

-irritable

-knot in the stomach

-feeling of wanting to cry all the time

Im also wondering if anyone has ever had this happen where they feel like they have backtracked so far that they feel like they are not going to get any better. I know i messed up by stopping taking my pills all together but now its taking so long to get back to the old me. I just feel like im doing all the wrong things and trying so hard to get better but its hard. Please any advice would be amazing. Just to know there are people out there that feel the same way. I just need a friend who i can talk to and is going through the same thing and can talk about it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi welcome back yet im sorry you are back.

All your symptoms i have to do you find the headaches increase the dream like state?
I to was doing not to bad for a while not recovered but doing betrer the feelings were in the back ground . I lost someone so important to me thry passed away 5 weeks ago , the grief has been horrible and the depersonalization and derealization has come back full force due to not handling these feelings of loosing this super special someone .
I'm feeling the same like you , I'm stressed that I can't get well again and were to even start to get well , everything feels foggy in my mind and I feel really confused by how bad this is .
I'm here to chat if you want

·
Administrator
977 Posts
Hi,

Yes I've had some very tough knock-backs where I felt like there was no coming back, and yet I am doing quite well now.

When you said you are trying so hard to get better I wondered if maybe you are trying too hard? I think this is one of those things you can't force, and putting pressure on yourself to recover doesn't help, as you can't fight stress with more stress, or pressure with more pressure. Something simple I find helpful in the way of acceptance is just to think, "If this is how I feel today then this is how I feel today," then try to carry on with normal routines. Somehow it makes things easier, I guess because I'm not fighting with it or adding to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.