Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you're in a romantic relationship, how do you deal with it? Does your partner know? If so does it help them knowing?

I've had relationship problems for a while, and now I'm kinda disassociating from life and I'm super sleep deprived so I have literally no idea how I actually feel, if I'm being irrational etc. I feel distant and upset / moving to indifference and obsessing over stuff in the past and I'm finding it difficult rn because I keep zoning out and disassociating when I'm with him or being a bitch

So how do you deal with it?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
So if you're in a romantic relationship, how do you deal with it? Does your partner know? If so does it help them knowing?

I've had relationship problems for a while, and now I'm kinda disassociating from life and I'm super sleep deprived so I have literally no idea how I actually feel, if I'm being irrational etc. I feel distant and upset / moving to indifference and obsessing over stuff in the past and I'm finding it difficult rn because I keep zoning out and disassociating when I'm with him or being a bitch

So how do you deal with it?
Its very very difficult......It can be done though....But ya gotta have someone who supports you in the right way and understands that you are ill and require patience and tolerance and alot of TLC.....A partner who is constantly telling you to just man up can do more damage then good in my opinion...

·
Registered
445 Posts
DP and relationships don't mix. Even with an understanding partner it always kinda turns to shit. I'm not dating again until I feel balanced, it's ruined two relationships for me

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was about to ask the same question since having this derealization, loss of self identity, and no confidence due to social anxiety fears basically makes connections impossible most of the time. your best working on getting your mental health in balance and becoming content with your own self unless there's a rare gem out there that can support their partner despite having flaws like this

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I was about to ask the same question since having this derealization, loss of self identity, and no confidence due to social anxiety fears basically makes connections impossible most of the time. your best working on getting your mental health in balance and becoming content with your own self unless there's a rare gem out there that can support their partner despite having flaws like this
They are very rare.......Most these days are wannabe trophys (extremely hard work) ....And very draining...Who wants that on top of anxiety and DP...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don’t know if I can give someone what they need from a relationship... eventually my partners have always felt unloved by me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts