Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to be together with someone
if you have dp/dr???
i wonder, cause i can't imagine to be together with someone
when i didn't had dp i was in love,
but now it's impossible to feel that kind of feelings
so is it possible to have a relationship if you can't love???

i wonder...

greets
lies
xxx

·
Registered
45 Posts
its the only thing that keeps me going. proves to me i can show emotions, only with her.

i lost my personality when we split up, fucked me up man, im back with her now, and its brought my emotions back too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i am curious about your opinions...
i want to be with somebody so badly
but at the same time i realise that it wouldn't be possible..

xxx

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mule said:
its the only thing that keeps me going. proves to me i can show emotions, only with her.

i lost my personality when we split up, flower* me up man, im back with her now, and its brought my emotions back too.
Oh crap mule!!! Congrats man, maybe you guys can really work some stuff out now man!!! I'm glad to hear you feelin' a little better man!

·
Registered
68 Posts
you know, people say dont get into a relationship with someone until you know yourself. The thing is dpers dont really know themselves 100 %. We love, yeah, and everything else, but my personality, and any others, gets weaker and is hard for dipers to find. So yeah, I guess this just proves that statement sucks and should not be taken seriously. Other than that I know myself, and others may know me even better. I don't see anyone cutting corners to avoid me... exept for one guy I used to crush on but I wont go into that. :p lol ok TMI

relationships are still possible. Ive dated plenty of times w/ dp, things work and dont work but its all part of dating not dp.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still doubt if i would ever say yes to a relationship
i don't know if that would be a good thing for the other...
but anyway, can't say no, if nobody is interested :wink:
greets
lies
xxx

·
Registered
30 Posts
From personal experience I'd say no. This DP has ruined my relationship of 2 years. I fear it will ruin any chance of having one in the future as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if you don't know yourself;
i think it's not fair to that other person
you have a relationship with
i believe you can't give that person enough
only a lot of misery

although i often feel like, i really want a relationship
i don't think it will happen, or if i would let it happen

xxx

·
Registered
447 Posts
A relationship starts with a meeting. The meeting progresses and the two people end up in a full-scale relationship. During the meeting time, your possible mate will have the chanse to judge for him/herself if it fair (or OK) for him/her. Don't you think?

·
Registered
671 Posts
The only way you can know yourself is to be actively engaged in life. If you hold back and stop yourself from having any type of relationship, then I don't know how you can ever be happy. I mean a person may never get completely over DP, or anxiety, or depression. Should they just not live because it would be selfish to try to seek out a relationship?

·
Registered
447 Posts
"Right person". Hmmm... It probably depends on what person I am. And DP/DR is part of what person I am. And I also change, I am not static. So the right person of today, may not be the right person of tommorow (expand this in a more reasonable time-length).

Support is great. But I don't dare imagining it even in my wildest dreams, I don't want to get "corrupted", I already have enough dangerous imaginations.

Why would a girl support me when she can find someone better than me without all these problems (lacks in responsibility, adjustability, sociality, quite introversion)? It doesn't make any sense.

But of course, love itself doesn't make any sense. Where love starts, logic ends. So, in that way, yeah, it is possible. Is this where I will base my hopes? Certainly not! You see, beafore love, meeting comes, and a person with my lacks (check on previous paragraph), has problems in meetings.

So, what do I do? Work on the issues, don't expect more than nothing, focus elsewere, and try to realize that sometimes I am making this too big of an issue.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
brainsilence, nicely said
that's what i'm trying to explain to you guys
i do believe that she could get better, if she would start something with me
but that are thoughts about a relationship
my lac of skills make it quite hard to ever get together with someone...

greets
lies
xxx

·
Registered
670 Posts
Scattered said:
The only way you can know yourself is to be actively engaged in life. If you hold back and stop yourself from having any type of relationship, then I don't know how you can ever be happy. I mean a person may never get completely over DP, or anxiety, or depression. Should they just not live because it would be selfish to try to seek out a relationship?
Its not selfish.. thats all anyone wants despite their problems.. to live life. I agree with what scattered said here. I wouldnt even worry about it, there are sensitive understanding souls out there that will easily deal with dp if they care for you. There are bad qualities that come with us all... so we come with temporary dp, there are worse things. From the dating I have done with dp.. some didnt even blink an eye and some looked at me like I grew another head. So yeah I say live life, and if that includes wanting to date then go for it. :wink: Its not something I want right now or maybe ever.. but thats a whole nother can of worms. Dont wait for dp to end to live life, living life may help you move past dp.

·
Registered
447 Posts
rainboteers said:
Dont wait for dp to end to live life, living life may help you move past dp.
Definitely. DP is a stance "away from life", don't help it. If you want to do something, do it.

If your dating goes well, make clear that there are some unwanted feelings (DP) and let the other person choose.

·
Registered
645 Posts
For me, it's almost like the DP and Depression makes me scared to get into a relationship. Because when you are in a relationship you have to handle both yourself and another person as well and there is so much more thinking and thoughts for your brain to interpret and analyze. Where, most of the time, I can't even handle my own thoughts. That's what makes me shy away from approaching a girl or trying to find someone.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i've been living my life as close to as i did before
so i live life, but it doesn't seem to do a thing
i allways end up going home, with this:
damned i wanted to be there (complete, feeling...)
but thank you for all your advices :!:

xxxx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts