Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’ve posted a lot on here about my symptoms and what I was going through. And FINALLY I think I’m starting to recover after being in this hell for 7 months. Don’t get me wrong, I still have some severe bouts of DP every once in a while, but definitely not 24/7 like I used to. When people say to get out and do things, listen to them! I didn’t do much these last few months and I really think that hindered my recovery. When I started accepting my symptoms and just kept doing things despite of them, that’s when recovery started to take place. It was not easy at first. My vision trips me up a lot and that’s really the most annoying symptom for me. I had to seriously train my brain that I was okay despite feeling out of it. My counselor says he more you tell your brain something, eventually it will believe it, so that positive self talk is important! After getting out more and just trying to live life, my symptoms have started to wane. Recovery is a lot of just trying to relax and tell yourself over and over that you will be fine and trying to live life as normally as possible. Also, when I started going out more, I noticed I was on this forum less, which I think played a huge part because I was no longer constantly obsessing over DP and whether or not people’s experiences were similar to mine. So my advic, get off this forum and go out and live! Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts