Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all have had this shit a few times due to OCD and panic attacks, it really does suck but there is light at the end of the tunnel

medication-lots of different ones out there but I am on 40mgs of Prozac which helps so much

therapy- yes it helps especially with the ocd elements

journaling-journal any weird existential thoughts you have

dm if you need to talk

Registered
Journaling helps me tremendously.

I have so many existential thoughts, it's ridiculous.

If the thoughts are too outrageous, like: fear of the planet Saturn or time...or space. Definitely derealization and depersonalization.

These are not "normal" thoughts; they are irrational fears at best.

Helps me remind myself of that.

Thank you 馃槉 馃挀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

If the thoughts are too outrageous, like: fear of the planet Saturn or time...or space. Definitely derealization and depersonalization.

Thank you 馃槉 馃挀
I was scared of evereythint still happens but it鈥檚 manageable now, sometimes I look at my thoughts after writing them and I鈥檓 like wtf lol

Registered

Thank you 馃槉 馃挀
Have you ever been afraid of planet Saturn? I would be interested to hear about that if it's the case.
In an old french movie (and book), there is a character who describes panic attacks that he has every night, and they involve being afraid of Uranus, because his house was bombed while he was reading about Uranus and he has PTSD from it. He says Uranus represents despair and oblivion for him.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you ever been afraid of planet Saturn? I would be interested to hear about that if it's the case.
In an old french movie (and book), there is a character who describes panic attacks that he has every night, and they involve being afraid of Uranus, because his house was bombed while he was reading about Uranus and he has PTSD from it. He says Uranus represents despair and oblivion for him.
I got other thoughts about space, the world spinning on its axis, the moon etc.

Registered

Thank you 馃槉 馃挀
I have the same i need help omg. I thought im the only one with plantets etc. What do i do. I have dpdr. Im scared. I got prescribed melperon but somehow i dont wanna take it. It got better but sometimes it get worse. And there is always this weird feeling, like new feeling and touching things also seems different.

Registered
I have the same i need help omg. I thought im the only one with plantets etc. What do i do. I have dpdr. Im scared. I got prescribed melperon but somehow i dont wanna take it. It got better but sometimes it get worse. And there is always this weird feeling, like new feeling and touching things also seems different.
I know exactly what you're talking about.

The existential thoughts, I definitely know. The morning is the worst for me.

Registered
I got other thoughts about space, the world spinning on its axis, the moon etc.
This makes me think of what I experienced as a child, once when I was a bit sick, I had the most horrifying nightmare that is very hard to describe. I just saw two dots, orbiting each other in a very small space, extremely small, and somehow it meant something very complicated, and then they started to spin farther apart from each other, and further and further away, until it felt too big, too much space, and the size became almost infinite and unfathomable and I had a feeling of apocalypse. Like something was happening and it was worse than my own death, it was the end of everything. Really weird and hard to describe. I had this every night for a few days and I was waking up in terror. For years it came back once in a while, and became weaker and weaker. Now I still have it sometimes, but just the physical sensation that goes with it (sensation of falling and distances becoming "vivid" and a feeling of "roughness" flowing through my body) now the fear is totally gone...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This makes me think of what I experienced as a child, once when I was a bit sick, I had the most horrifying nightmare that is very hard to describe. I just saw two dots, orbiting each other in a very small space, extremely small, and somehow it meant something very complicated, and then they started to spin farther apart from each other, and further and further away, until it felt too big, too much space, and the size became almost infinite and unfathomable and I had a feeling of apocalypse. Like something was happening and it was worse than my own death, it was the end of everything. Really weird and hard to describe. I had this every night for a few days and I was waking up in terror. For years it came back once in a while, and became weaker and weaker. Now I still have it sometimes, but just the physical sensation that goes with it (sensation of falling and distances becoming "vivid" and a feeling of "roughness" flowing through my body) now the fear is totally gone...
Dam bro I had something similar to this when I had a fever it always involved like a spinning ball that would get quicker and quicker lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah there鈥檚 a subreditt for something like that called R/fastfeeling

Registered
Oh yeah there鈥檚 a subreditt for something like that called R/fastfeeling
That's interesting too. It seems that there is a subreddit for everything. Those sensations I have are still a bit different from what they describe, because I don't experience time distortion at these moments.
But I did have an experience with time distortion once, that was very interesting. I had taken doxylamine to help me sleep in the train. But I still woke up during the night, and when I opened my eyes I realized people were moving super fast, like twice or three times as fast as normal. It was exactly like in old black and white movies where they increased the speed of the movie otherwise the slow frame rate would be noticeable. I could see people move in that comical way, exactly as in those movies, it was very clear. But the thing is that only my vision felt accelerated. Sound was "playing" at normal speed, and yet both were synchronized (although all my senses felt disconnected from each other). I know that doesn't make any sense, it would be obviously impossible to recreate. But it gave me the impression that the sense of time passing isn't necessarily the same for each sense, which is kind of cool. I felt very conscious at the time, it lasted for about 20 seconds and stopped when I made the first movement and changed position a bit. I have taken doxylamine many times in my life and it's the only time it happened. I think it is related to it because hallucinations are a possible side effect of doxylamine.
There is a similar effect that should be possible to recreate though, which is that an LED flashing about every second feels like it is flashing a tiny bit slower when it is in the center of your vision and faster when it is on your peripheral vision. In principle if you synchronized this flashing light with a sound, you should be able to perceive a change in the rate of flashes but not in the sound and they should remain synchronized. I should try this with a metronome. It's weird and interesting how the mind works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts