Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys , I've just joined this foroum. I've been to join for the last few months , hardly got any time but felt it as my duty to inform everyone of my recovery as I was so hooked on these foroums when I suffering.

I suffered from depersonalition and derealisation for 5/6 years. It was so intense at the start , I couldnt leave my house as everything seemed 2d and scared me so badly. This went on for a little bit at the time , slowly slowly I convinced my self to leave my house little by little. By this time I had dropped out of University as I couldnt cope , It was struggle every second of every day never , last thing on my mind was Education! I suffered really badly , When I tell you my cured story you guys will think did he even have this problem? But let me tell you , I had it so bad I couldnt cope I was struggling big time. I tried everything you can imagine. Good diet , Excercise , vitamins. Every new thing I would hear of I tried. I used to wish I would wake up one day cured! Anyway always researching all the time reading every cure story , trying to find any little hope I could cling on to. I read abut candida etc. I tried candida diet , not eating sugar , bread etc. Didn't Work!

I had been doing the good candidia diet for 2 months hardocre , which I will highlight my diet at the bottom. It wasnt working if not making me worse , I was starting to feel I maybe go schizophrenic at the time. Then I read about the fruitarian diet ( All you eat is fruit and veg! ) , Guess what I tried it for 1 month , after that been dp free fully. Only time my derealization comes about is when im playing sport in a massive open field occasionaly , even then I still play all season as it is minor not huge issue.

WHAT MADE ME BETTER - PRIOR TO FRUITARIAN CLEANSE - 2 MONTHS BEFORE

1) 3 times a day - 1 Tablespoon of Tumeric in small glass of water. First of one has to be on empty stomach. ( This helped big time)

2) Every 3/4 days - Salt water flush on empty stomach! Research it ,is amazing .

3) Raw organic goats milk every day ,

4) NO meant only lentils and rice every day , nuts every day.

5) sometimes upto 6 raw eggs a day

6) Manuka honey or raw honey 3 times a day! Builds up beneficial bacteria which fights candidia which I believe was possibly my cause.

Completely no artificial sugar , you will be surprised what this is in , try to eat fresh as possible.. This was my diet prior to fruitarian but still It didn't cure me but now looking back I believe it helped clean my system for final fuirtarian cleanse. if not I would have been on fruitrian diet for long time

FRUITARIAN DIET-

1) LOTs of fruit little bit of veg . That's all you eat no cheating.

2) Three times a day turmeric with water. THis will help so much!!

3) Raw honey 3 times a day with lemon

4) Eating fresh coriander sometimes

You will feel your bowels cleanse and hopefully with time clear your dp. This diet is not easy , it will make you worse before you get better. Also all this time I was going sauna every day.

OTHER FACTORS may have contributed to my DP-

1) My DP started after a fight where I broke my nose - However this doesn't explain why diet cured it!

2) I have blocked eustachian tube dysfunction - This could also be possible cause of DP. I still have this dysfunction , maybe diet cured the eustahcian tube mucus to a good extent and made me better as fruitarian diet is mucus cleansing diet.

Anyway, Sorry for the spelling mistakes. Its too late im tired , time for bed! I thought I need to quickly write this as I owe to the people even If It helps one person.

Any questions please post happy to answer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi! Thank you for useful advice.
Do you think it is possible to start right from the frurarian diet, without preparing? I gave up meat recently and I think it is good for DR. Gives an interesting feeling of clearing up and lowers the intensity of suffering. And what you eat now, what is your diet like after frutarian cleanse?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I dont think dp/dr is gut related. I believe in case if you have candida, mercury toxicity, toxins and other serious gut issues, it can "emit" symptoms similar to dp/dr ... But anyway, i researched many things about this and there are actually several similar stories about people getting cured by changing diet, and usually that diet contains fresh fruits and vegetables.. I can actually believe this could give you a hand, but I dont think it has anything to do with emptying bowel or "cleaning" it, im pretty sure in that (thats atleast my opinion and i have arguments), if you get cured that way it is because fresh fruits and vegetables are just very healthy itself and has nutrients to "repair" your brain,

So if it relied solely on "cleaning bowel", then there are just many different and faster ways to do it, but they probably wouldnt cure you. What i strongly believe is that fresh organic fruits and vegetables are just "gift from nature" and can make your brain heal over time because of all its properties..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Im glad you recovered but you are giving false info.. Eustachian tube dysfuction can emit some similar symptoms of dp/dr, but its completely different issue. Cleaning system has nothing to do with anxiety/stress/panic based dp/dr (Except physical causes that i mentioned ), although it will make you better "overall being". But anyway considering your "problem" lies in brain therefore you must aim that part right, doesnt it makes logic then?.. And if you got cured that way, im definitely sure it is because of natural and healing properties of diet you mentioned

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congratulations! Very interesting! What exactly did you eat? Which varieties of vegetables and fruits? And only raw? Did you eat nuts and oils? Hope to hear from you. Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just can't believe the things I am suffering from are purely related to food. I do believe in the body-mind relationship and that diet affects mental functions, but DPDRD? Actual dissociative disorder? I'm sorry but I feel rather offended reading this. Glad you no longer feel what you struggled with for all those years, but it's either it wasn't exactly DPDRD or something else involved was addressed which you don't realize it affected the recovery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI guys , I was surprised when I received no email regarding any replies then today just searching on this forum as I wanted to cure my derealization that I time to time playing sports , I came across my thread with a few replies. Not sure why I wasn't notified. Any let me assure everyone I was definitely suffering from depersonalize and derealization. Believe me I had it for so many years , i searched every forum on the web for symptoms and cures. My symptoms were 2D vision to the point a few times I would walk down a road and even though road is huge and clear my brain wouldn't allow me to take another step as it felt like a wall! Apart from this feeling disconnected with my own body. Sometimes I would talk and think is that me talking? I would often look at my legs and body and think is this my body? Who the heck am i? What is my name? It felt like I was a third person looking at my self!

When I was 15/16 smoking weed gave me the same symptoms however once the high subsided so did the symptoms however once I had the fight and broke my noise it was then there 24/7. Then next in my life 2 years later I caught Swine flue which causes Eustachian tube Dysfunction , at this point the symptoms when through the roof. I can assure it was definitively DR and DP. Do the research so many get DR and DP from either weed , car crashes or trauma and some from a strange ear infection. I had all 3 of them! I suffered from panic attacks aswell but I believe they were caused by DR and DP rather than the other way around. The only symptom now is I get DR in open fields such parks or sport grounds.

I probably wont be notified of a reply. My email address i [email protected] if anyone wants to ask me questions or any advice in general.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi! Thank you for useful advice.
Do you think it is possible to start right from the frurarian diet, without preparing? I gave up meat recently and I think it is good for DR. Gives an interesting feeling of clearing up and lowers the intensity of suffering. And what you eat now, what is your diet like after frutarian cleanse?
I would personally recommend the diet I was on prior to the fruit diet before you start the fruit diet. however it is possible to on the fruit diet straight away many people do! Infact I'm going back on it for a longer time to see if I can get rid of the occasional derealization. for the last 3 years I've been eating crap many chocolates and fast every day. However slowly Ive been on downwards spiral but even now nowhere near what I was prior to the diet. Thats why im starting the diet again from Monday hopefully for around a few months this time. Just want to say it is a very difficult diet but I believe it has the possibility to cure the illness it will allow your body to repair. It gets rid of inflammation and mucus in the body. Many people get DP and DR from Ear infection and Weed. Ear infection usually produces mucus. Weed and even trauma produces inflammation in the brain. This is why I believe the diet works

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont think dp/dr is gut related. I believe in case if you have candida, mercury toxicity, toxins and other serious gut issues, it can "emit" symptoms similar to dp/dr ... But anyway, i researched many things about this and there are actually several similar stories about people getting cured by changing diet, and usually that diet contains fresh fruits and vegetables.. I can actually believe this could give you a hand, but I dont think it has anything to do with emptying bowel or "cleaning" it, im pretty sure in that (thats atleast my opinion and i have arguments), if you get cured that way it is because fresh fruits and vegetables are just very healthy itself and has nutrients to "repair" your brain,

So if it relied solely on "cleaning bowel", then there are just many different and faster ways to do it, but they probably wouldnt cure you. What i strongly believe is that fresh organic fruits and vegetables are just "gift from nature" and can make your brain heal over time because of all its properties..
Yes but most people get DP from Weed , Trauma and Ear infections from my research. Weed inflames the neurons in the brain that why you get heightened senses. I have done research on this. I believe it to be true , im not a neuroscientist etc. Also trauma as confirmed by many doctors online causes inflammation in the brain. I had a brain injury causing concussion. The internet if full on info from recognized bodies and doctors talking of importance of eliminating the inflammation of the brain after concussion. Again Ear infections cause inflammation in the ears , Again ive suffered from this so i Know. Putting 2 and 2 together , its very easy to see why a fruit diet many be a possible cure . Im not saying its the cure for all but I believe it is definitely worth trying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im glad you recovered but you are giving false info.. Eustachian tube dysfuction can emit some similar symptoms of dp/dr, but its completely different issue. Cleaning system has nothing to do with anxiety/stress/panic based dp/dr (Except physical causes that i mentioned ), although it will make you better "overall being". But anyway considering your "problem" lies in brain therefore you must aim that part right, doesnt it makes logic then?.. And if you got cured that way, im definitely sure it is because of natural and healing properties of diet you mentioned
It does make sense. Read my responses above. Dont listen to the doctors who have no clue of this illness. My doctor once told me its trauma it will subside and then next time told its a result of your anxiety and offered me tablets. Look to the people cured. Majority them either would have used diet in some way or the other. The diet today is so shocking no wonder we are all suffering. The doctors and professionals say the brain and gut have a definite link , if the gut is good shape the brain will too. Research it online! look at the Gaps diet which helps people with Schizophrenia. Also many natural doctors cure patients with natural diets as well as fasting etc. Just my opinion. I believe its worth a try. You never know. When I went on the diet , I was convinced it was a fad but desperation let me to pull through it. I thought its a complete fad because I had done many diets previously with not even one percent help. I believe it was not only the fruit but also Turmeric which cured me. Turmeric reduces inflammation in the brain big time!. Research it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations! Very interesting! What exactly did you eat? Which varieties of vegetables and fruits? And only raw? Did you eat nuts and oils? Hope to hear from you. Thanks
Sorry for the late reply! When I was on the fruit diet. I was eating

1) I teaspoon in a small glass of water 3 times a day before meals when stomach was empty.. I hated it but boy it helped!

2) Raw honey 2/3 time a day

3)Lots of Pineapple ( reduces inflammation)

4) Pomegranates

5) Mangoes

6) Cucumbers

7) Sometimes raw onions!

8) Coriander.

9) Sometimes oranges.

Thats what I ate but you can try any fruit. The diet is tough be prepared for discomfort. However If your already going through all this then a bit of discomfort is something I didn't particularly mind if it gave me a chance of recovery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just can't believe the things I am suffering from are purely related to food. I do believe in the body-mind relationship and that diet affects mental functions, but DPDRD? Actual dissociative disorder? I'm sorry but I feel rather offended reading this. Glad you no longer feel what you struggled with for all those years, but it's either it wasn't exactly DPDRD or something else involved was addressed which you don't realize it affected the recovery.
Im not saying its related to the diet you have misunderstood me. What I did say diet can cure , it didn't cause it but it possibly in my experience cure it! If you look at the causes of DP and DR , the things that cause DP and DR usually cause either inflammation in the brain or are mucus building such as Flues and Ear infections. This diet is designed to reduce inflammation and mucus in the brain. I didn't believe it too. I sure do now! Look at the research which talks of Brain and Gut connection. Have you heard of Gaps diet which is designed for those suffering from schizophrenia? There are other many diets out there which are for mental illness endorsed by many doctors curing people using natural ways. At the very least even if it doesn't cure you , By going on this diet you are giving yourself the best possible chance to heal. Its more of natural diet which gives the body a chance to repair. How will it repair when it overloaded with artificial sugar and processed food which didn't even exist 100 years ago. By adding toxins in the body you deprive it the chance to repair because it uses its energy in fighting the stuff you are putting in it. People use Fasting to cure all sorts of diseases even cancer. Why? Because it allows the body to repair without being overloaded with toxins. This is similar to fruit diet but also gives you vitamins and minerals needed. Just my 2 cents. Im just trying to give people as much help as possible as I've been where you are and I know how scary it is. Even normal things seem scary. Those suffering no matter how emphatic they are cant comprehend. Any way if you have any more questions feel free to meesage me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
People use Fasting to cure all sorts of diseases even cancer. Why? Because it allows the body to repair without being overloaded with toxins.
Hey @Husmaom. Thanks for all your great posts! -- BTW, fasting dramatically increases circulating stem cells in the body. HBOT also increases stem cells, as well as being very effective for reducing inflammation. HBOT has also been documented to heal a variety of brain injuries, such as strokes, aneurisms, concussions, etc.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Awesome, another person who recovers from DP just by dieting and eating well. I talk about it in almost all of my posts, the importance of dieting and eating well. Foods can be very HEALING. Ive been recovered for about 6 years.

Improving your diet makes you feel good physically and mentally.

It can be very soothing.

The engagement you have with the food, the environment where the food came from, and the engagement with your body giving it nourishment is intimate. I believe the intimacy of caring for your body, listening to the body, and feeling its needs is a great practice for anyone but especially for those with DP. Eating for healing.

Juices

Teas

Tinctures

Super foods

Smoothies

Herbs

Fruits

Veggies

Nuts

Seeds

Legumes

Beans