PUT some happy Music on ( All Stars - Smash Mouth) because you WILL recover.
YOU WILL FEEL NORMAL AGAIN,
But it will be really hard sometimes.
First I want to say that English is my second language.
All started at 3th May. (Today is 25 July /// 3 1/2 month with DPDR and pure panic)
My Friends and me tried the first time pot. It was really strong weed. I were in a bad mood because I splitted up with my girlfriend 1 month ago. So after I took 5 big hits I went to the couch with my friends. I was very nervous. 10 minutes later it kicked in. That was the first time I experienced dp and dr. I looked at my friends an it seemed like they were fake or just a hallucination. I freaked out and described this feeling to my friends. Then I just told myself that this is a normal reaction after smoking weed. Later it seemed like ME or my personality were a ball in my body who controls my body. REALY STRANGE
I tried to laugh about it….I also felt like I was trapped in a room (hard to describe)
The next morning I woke up and looked at my friends and told him about my crazy experience. Than I looked at my phone and texted some friends. After a few minutes I wasn't sure if my friends were a hallucination again. I felt pure panic. Additionally I felt kinda fog in my brain. I searched around the internet and quickly found my disorder. The first 5 days after, I had 10 or more panic attacks a day.
The panic was not constant. It randomly kicked in. But my DPDR were 24/7 with me
The first 4 days were horrible. Brain fog bothered me too but at this moment I thought this was dp too.
- I felt like I watch myself doing things
- I couldn't recognise me in the mirror
- I couldn't taste normal
- I felt numb
- I felt like a robort
- My voice sounded strange
- Everything I saw felt fake
- I couldn't understand why people have an identity
- I felt like an alien
- People, objects and places seemed unfamiliar
- Sounds coming from rooms freaked me out
- SPORT - Go to the gym !! 4 times the week
- Eat healthy
- if you want you can take supplements, you can: I took fish oil capsules, zink and vitamin D.
- no much sugar
- many vegetables
- Do not research this anymore
- You can screenshot this and read this over and over again until you get bored to read this
- Don't log onto any forums to compare yourself to people who haven't even begun to recover.
- Don't start doing research on things that might help you to recover even faster. Don't get disappointed when you have a bad day or week; it's happened to everyone who has recovered.I promise that you will recover, but like me and everyone else who has recovered...
- you have got to kick your own ass!
- Trust me, no matter how much anxiety / dp you feel, no matter how convinced you are that you are somehow 'incapable' of doing the normal things in life again, there is a part of you much, much stronger than all of that, and it wants to recover, so badly.
- And all you have to do is get the ball rolling and keep it rolling. Don't make any more excuses.
- Not wanting to do something is not a good enough excuse to not do it.
- Kick your own ass and live every minute of your life as if you had never felt one shred of anxiety. Do that, and do it consistently, and you will see progress, very soon.
- keeping yourself busy, 24/7. It means not sitting around, feeling sorry for yourself. It means keeping your mind focused on productive tasks, all the time. It means reading books / newspapers, learning instruments, playing games, writing emails, going to work, socialising.Don't let any temporary feelings of anxiety stop you from doing a single thing that you want to do. Because when you do these things, even if you do feel anxious at the time, you are teaching your brain that there is nothing to be afraid of.
another important thing is:
-MEET FRIENDS. Get out. Enjoy Life! REALY IMPORTANT
My DPDR faded. I just forgot about it and now I have no clue how it feels to be detached from my body. Now I feel still brain fog sometimes and small parts of depression but its so much better than the dp hell
this guy explain my situation:
but for some people reality will be a shock. Every recover is different. My Body still try to protect me. Maybe you won't feel this phase after dp. I just relax and I know this will fade too
if I have to be honest, it was the worst thing i ever had
But you will be stronger.
Ask me anything you want.
And if you really like to read sth about this I would recommend you: http://www.dpmanual.com
This book explains you everything about dp.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. You will get this.
You have to fight. Don't chill with it.
some videos helped me:
EVERYBODY will get out