Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in my situation? I consider myself recovered for a few months but lights trigger me. Also nights make me feel weird when i see those lights from the poles.

·
Registered
47 Posts
100% the same here. On rainy overcast days and I can feel almost 100% normal, but once the sun pops out and I catch a glimpse of it I will feel the dreamlike derealization sensation while looking at anything well lit by the sun. The bright sky causes an artificial backdrop to my surroundings on a sunny day. I also am thrown off by a bright night sky as well... which is weird because that’s not really light sensitivity... but if it’s a full moon the sky at night also seems fake... how about you?? I feel I’m almost recovered but I’ll be damned if not every morning when I step outside the light sensitivity awaits me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Same as you guys. As Ahungerf mentioned on rainy overcast I can almost feel normal. Will be meeting my psychiatrist soon to discuss treatment options...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
100% the same here. On rainy overcast days and I can feel almost 100% normal, but once the sun pops out and I catch a glimpse of it I will feel the dreamlike derealization sensation while looking at anything well lit by the sun. The bright sky causes an artificial backdrop to my surroundings on a sunny day. I also am thrown off by a bright night sky as well... which is weird because that's not really light sensitivity... but if it's a full moon the sky at night also seems fake... how about you?? I feel I'm almost recovered but I'll be damned if not every morning when I step outside the light sensitivity awaits me.
yeah its the same for me.

what were you symtpoms when it was worse?

i still feel disconnected sometimes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bad weed high and too much booze, it was a terrible panic attack that then happened again a day later after drinking. That’s what really freaked me out because I thought dp/dr only happens when I’m high but now it’s happening while drinking... “I must have done it this time”!! So on came intense waves of pure adrenaline over my body, shaking, could barley talke was so anxious, thought I was now “stuck” like this and couldn’t sleep for days. Would wake up in every night in full panic. I’ve recovered from all types of anxiety and panic in the past but this was a whole new beast... the out of body DP and not feeling my limbs went away pretty early but the derealized dream state lasted... then the light sensitivity and looking out of Windows became a thing... then sunlight and moonlight and all these things created what feels like a dream/ fake setting... all this Has been pretty consistent, it’s winter but the sun is soooo damn bright!!! Makes everything dreamy... can u explain your situation? Do you feel weird looking out of Windows while inside a house?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts