Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Good video. Strangely I have tried all these things at some point and found them all helpful. I am back on CBD again and using the vape as it is the most cost effective and quickest way to use it. Also have hemp tea everyday which has a small amount of CBD in.

I try to stretch daily and as you say the psoas in particular is what you want to stretch out. I also meditate daily. I was jogging 10K recently and might try to attempt it again.

Weirdly I have started dreaming regularly recently. I am unsure if it is a beneficial way to process emotions and trauma but it seems correlated in my experience of having a better nights sleep. Unsure if that is related to the imipramine I have been taken for 5 weeks or the CBD (although they did start with the CBD so that is most likely). Is that something you noticed?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good video. Strangely I have tried all these things at some point and found them all helpful. I am back on CBD again and using the vape as it is the most cost effective and quickest way to use it. Also have hemp tea everyday which has a small amount of CBD in.

I try to stretch daily and as you say the psoas in particular is what you want to stretch out. I also meditate daily. I was jogging 10K recently and might try to attempt it again.

Weirdly I have started dreaming regularly recently. I am unsure if it is a beneficial way to process emotions and trauma but it seems correlated in my experience of having a better nights sleep. Unsure if that is related to the imipramine I have been taken for 5 weeks or the CBD (although they did start with the CBD so that is most likely). Is that something you noticed?
Thanks! Indeed, all these things are the ones that helped me the most, I obviously also tried a lottttt of other things that didn't work.

About the dreams, I recognise that for sure, my dreams were/are very intense as well when having a good night of sleep, for me it's also a mystery if it's because of processing trauma/emotions, or just the CBD. I do know that you tend to dream more intense when sleeping with CBD, but I had/have intense dreams as well when I only take CBD in the morning.

Anyway, good luck recovering!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Awesome that you confirmed that for me. Is CBD the only 'medication' that you take then? I am also on imipramine at the moment which has proven helpful. I think the amygdala is just set to PTSD level hypervigilence. So this is overwhelming to take in and it feels like my senses aren't filtered and one thing always takes priority over others without me being involved with what I pay attention to.

It feels as though with the CBD, imipramine and better sleep that things are calming and I can be more aware of multiple things happening at once. Have you found this?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I will give CBD a chance and have ordered 900.mg that should arrive in a few days from Germany. I think the daily dose for anxiety is around 15-30.mg a day.

CBD can partly block for the dissociative effect of THC.

CBD can also partly block for the symptoms of depersonalisation in healthy humans given ketamine:

Abstract

Background

Interactions between glutamatergic and endocannabinoid systems may contribute to schizophrenia, dissociative states, and other psychiatric conditions. Cannabidiol (CBD), a cannabinoid-1/2 (CB1/2) receptor weak partial agonist or antagonist, may play a role in the treatment of schizophrenia.

Objective

This study tested the hypothesis that CBD would attenuate the behavioral effects of the NMDA receptor antagonist, ketamine, in healthy human subjects.

Methods

Ten male healthy volunteers were evaluated twice in a randomized order. In both sessions they received ketamine (bolus of 0.26 mg/kg/1 min followed by IV infusion of 0.25 mg/kg over 30 min) preceded by either CBD (600 mg) or placebo. Psychopathology was assessed using the Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale (BPRS) and the CADSS (Clinician Administered Dissociative States Scale) at regular intervals from 30 min before to 90 min after ketamine administration.

Results

CBD significantly augmented the activating effects of ketamine, as measured by the activation subscales of the BPRS. However, CBD also showed a non-significant trend to reduce ketamine-induced depersonalization, as measured by the CADSS.

Conclusion

These data describe a complex pattern of psychopharmacologic interactions between CBD and ketamine at the doses of each agent studied in this experiment.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278584610004161

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah I tried cbd, plus cbd brand and it did helps slightly with anxiety and slightly dp but not too noticable. It was the capsules but I ordered green roads oil and hoping it could help a bit better.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome that you confirmed that for me. Is CBD the only 'medication' that you take then? I am also on imipramine at the moment which has proven helpful. I think the amygdala is just set to PTSD level hypervigilence. So this is overwhelming to take in and it feels like my senses aren't filtered and one thing always takes priority over others without me being involved with what I pay attention to.

It feels as though with the CBD, imipramine and better sleep that things are calming and I can be more aware of multiple things happening at once. Have you found this?
Yes, it's not really a 'medication', but a suplement, but I never took real/other medications indeed. To be honest I'm not familiar with imipramine or other meds, I didn't use meds because I think they can trigger Dp/Dr indeed. But good to hear the CBD is calming you down! Yes, I found this aswell. I go to a very crowded University, which always made my dp/dr worse, but when I take/took CBD before I go, I'm way more calm and focussed. It's the best working supplement for me, and I've tried A LOT.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will give CBD a chance and have ordered 900.mg that should arrive in a few days from Germany. I think the daily dose for anxiety is around 15-30.mg a day.

CBD can partly block for the dissociative effect of THC.

CBD can also partly block for the symptoms of depersonalisation in healthy humans given ketamine:

Abstract
Background

Interactions between glutamatergic and endocannabinoid systems may contribute to schizophrenia, dissociative states, and other psychiatric conditions. Cannabidiol (CBD), a cannabinoid-1/2 (CB1/2) receptor weak partial agonist or antagonist, may play a role in the treatment of schizophrenia.

Objective

This study tested the hypothesis that CBD would attenuate the behavioral effects of the NMDA receptor antagonist, ketamine, in healthy human subjects.

Methods

Ten male healthy volunteers were evaluated twice in a randomized order. In both sessions they received ketamine (bolus of 0.26 mg/kg/1 min followed by IV infusion of 0.25 mg/kg over 30 min) preceded by either CBD (600 mg) or placebo. Psychopathology was assessed using the Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale (BPRS) and the CADSS (Clinician Administered Dissociative States Scale) at regular intervals from 30 min before to 90 min after ketamine administration.

Results

CBD significantly augmented the activating effects of ketamine, as measured by the activation subscales of the BPRS. However, CBD also showed a non-significant trend to reduce ketamine-induced depersonalization, as measured by the CADSS.

Conclusion

These data describe a complex pattern of psychopharmacologic interactions between CBD and ketamine at the doses of each agent studied in this experiment.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278584610004161
Good to hear you're going to try it! For the best dosage, it's also a matter of finding what works best for YOU, by trying out.

Exactly, interesting info on CBD!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I tried cbd, plus cbd brand and it did helps slightly with anxiety and slightly dp but not too noticable. It was the capsules but I ordered green roads oil and hoping it could help a bit better.
It mainly helps with general/social anxiety, which causes Dp. The caps you took might had a too low dosage, oil may help better indeed. Find the perfect dosage by trying out. Good luck!

·
Registered
818 Posts
That's cool that it helps you and that is a good study. I have always suspected that CBD had this affect. I saw a study once that said that weed with a good CBD/THC ratio made people less paranoid / psychotic / dissociated.

I also made a previous thread where I suspected THC affected kappa opioid receptors downstream and CBD may well oppose this. So it is good to see more potential studies backing up my theory. The theory was that if THC caused me to have dissociative symptoms or what I thought 'being high' was like (it isn't for other people) then CBD could potentially reverse this.

I also went onto say that the claustrum supposedly links many regions of the brain and is suggested to be involved with consciousness. It also has a high number of kappa opioid receptors.

Just googled another study:

"we studied the effects of claustrum lesions and loss of consciousness on long-term cognitive abilities. Claustrum damage was associated with the duration, but not frequency, of loss of consciousness, indicating that the claustrum may have an important role in regaining, but not maintaining, consciousness"

Could explain why we all feel half awake or as everyone says life is 'like a dream'. Anyway, all signs point to this working and I am glad I am back on CBD. Vaping is the most cost affective way to do it as you technically get less mg, but more gets in the blood stream. And drink hemp tea! It has 1-2% CBD in and is super cheap

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have seen several videos primarily from the US with people who suffers with social anxiety, generalised anxiety and panic. Many feel a relaxing effect at once and they also sleep much deeper with a better sleep quality. I think it have some effect on the parasympathetic system and opens it up. The best way to administer CBD it with an oil under the tongue. If it is taken as pills it might reduce what comes into the blood stream. There are people with anxiety who could feel any effect at all. It could be related to dose, the brand and the time,- or they might be refectory to it. At a danish anxiety forum one said she had tried diffrent brand but a Schweiz brand was the best. I might try that if there is no response to that I have ordered. If there is a response I think i will try to do HRV training to stimulate the parasympathetic system/vagus nerve in addition to that. HRV has been found to be disrupted in DP.I will start with 10.mg one a day and move up to 30.mg a day.

·
Registered
818 Posts
The sleep! Yeh my sleep is WAYYY better, I have vivid dreams as well and notice that I am more physically relaxed. I think this is where my improvement will come from. I tried the oil and the vape has a more instant affect on me. I am unsure if the oil was perhaps more sustained, but the taste became too much in the end.

HRV training? I am unsure of this one... I know heart rate variability is associated with stress etc but I think there are better ways to calm the sympathetic nervous system. Mainly CBD and meds, but meditation, gentle long exercise, being in nature (I think).

I have had a stomach bug this week so really got off track, but the day before there was a moment of almost aha! and the DP seemed to go. It was literally a blink and gone, and was more to do with my hearing than my vision. It felt as though I could hear out of both ears at once (sounds weird I know).

But does anyone else feel as though other senses (not just vision) are 2 dimensional like hearing, emotion, touch ie the body? Even taste and smell aren't as rich or strong as they used to be. But these things have also improved a lot recently.

Anyway I waffled here, but the Imipramine and CBD seem to be giving me progress and olive oil and fish oil really seem to be helping me build bridges between the holes in my head

·
Registered
710 Posts
That's cool that it helps you and that is a good study. I have always suspected that CBD had this affect. I saw a study once that said that weed with a good CBD/THC ratio made people less paranoid / psychotic / dissociated.

I also made a previous thread where I suspected THC affected kappa opioid receptors downstream and CBD may well oppose this. So it is good to see more potential studies backing up my theory. The theory was that if THC caused me to have dissociative symptoms or what I thought 'being high' was like (it isn't for other people) then CBD could potentially reverse this.

I also went onto say that the claustrum supposedly links many regions of the brain and is suggested to be involved with consciousness. It also has a high number of kappa opioid receptors.

Just googled another study:

"we studied the effects of claustrum lesions and loss of consciousness on long-term cognitive abilities. Claustrum damage was associated with the duration, but not frequency, of loss of consciousness, indicating that the claustrum may have an important role in regaining, but not maintaining, consciousness"

Could explain why we all feel half awake or as everyone says life is 'like a dream'. Anyway, all signs point to this working and I am glad I am back on CBD. Vaping is the most cost affective way to do it as you technically get less mg, but more gets in the blood stream. And drink hemp tea! It has 1-2% CBD in and is super cheap
More here;

"The claustrum's proposed role in consciousness is supported by the effect and target localization of Salvia divinorum " https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3935397/

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yes! I have read this one before and even tried salvia to try and affect my kappa receptors. I did get some affect at first and DR weirdly seemed better. But I seemed to be a 'salvia hard head' I think they are called (I couldn't get high / the effects off it). So I don't know if that means my receptors are downregulated or what it means exactly... I even had a couple of plants at one point.

But yeh salvia seems to literally cause extreme DP where people think they are chairs etc in the room, their consciousness literally shifts. But it just didn't affect me. Probably for the best though as it may well have worsened the situation. CBD seems far less extreme. Shame there aren't any salvia microdose studies though, as people report an antidepressant affect for a few days after, much like after magic mushrooms, the 'afterglow' affect

·
Registered
125 Posts
The sleep! Yeh my sleep is WAYYY better, I have vivid dreams as well and notice that I am more physically relaxed. I think this is where my improvement will come from. I tried the oil and the vape has a more instant affect on me. I am unsure if the oil was perhaps more sustained, but the taste became too much in the end.

HRV training? I am unsure of this one... I know heart rate variability is associated with stress etc but I think there are better ways to calm the sympathetic nervous system. Mainly CBD and meds, but meditation, gentle long exercise, being in nature (I think).

I have had a stomach bug this week so really got off track, but the day before there was a moment of almost aha! and the DP seemed to go. It was literally a blink and gone, and was more to do with my hearing than my vision. It felt as though I could hear out of both ears at once (sounds weird I know).

But does anyone else feel as though other senses (not just vision) are 2 dimensional like hearing, emotion, touch ie the body? Even taste and smell aren't as rich or strong as they used to be. But these things have also improved a lot recently.
Anyway I waffled here, but the Imipramine and CBD seem to be giving me progress and olive oil and fish oil really seem to be helping me build bridges between the holes in my head
Yeah I have those same symptoms. It's not noticeable when I don't focus on it but you know, we're all finding ways to help our recovery lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Interesting info about CBD, awesome to hear it works well for some of you as well!

I use a full spectrum CBD (intstead of isolate), which contains all sorts of CBD-components, for maximum effect. I've even read that you can't build tolerance to CBD. You can for THC, because it binds to your receptors, but not for CBD people say. I have to say, the calming effect I felt in the beginning is a bit less now, but I think it works very subtle now, it keeps me calm in situations in which I would get anxious if I didn't took CBD. I REALLY think CBD has a realll potent/powerfull healing effect on MANY things. I even heard stories that it could cure things like cancer, but the gouvrement doesn't want people to know about it because they make money with normal medicines. In how far that's true I don't know, but I do believe it can substitute a LOT of meds.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Good to hear your sleeping is improving! For the taste of the oil: The tastes differs per brand, I first had a brand that was very nasty, then I found one that tastes way better. If it's too nasty, just try to keep in 1 to 2 minutes under your tongue, and then rinse with water/something to drink. If it's only a nasty taste for 2 minutes, which will give you calmness for the rest of the day or so, it's totally worth it!

Keep me updated on your progress buddy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have seen several videos primarily from the US with people who suffers with social anxiety, generalised anxiety and panic. Many feel a relaxing effect at once and they also sleep much deeper with a better sleep quality. I think it have some effect on the parasympathetic system and opens it up. The best way to administer CBD it with an oil under the tongue. If it is taken as pills it might reduce what comes into the blood stream. There are people with anxiety who could feel any effect at all. It could be related to dose, the brand and the time,- or they might be refectory to it. At a danish anxiety forum one said she had tried diffrent brand but a Schweiz brand was the best. I might try that if there is no response to that I have ordered. If there is a response I think i will try to do HRV training to stimulate the parasympathetic system/vagus nerve in addition to that. HRV has been found to be disrupted in DP.I will start with 10.mg one a day and move up to 30.mg a day.
I've seen a lottttt of video's and stories from people who REALLY benefit as well from CBD indeed.

If the brand you ordered doesn't do anything, you can even try a even higher dosage, as you can't overdose on CBD, and the perfect dosages differs from person to person.

Let me know how the CBD is doing for you!

·
Registered
818 Posts
*you can't overdose on CBD lol Don't like to correct grammar but I'm sure that's what you meant, just in case someone is reading about CBD for the first time

1 - 20 of 36 Posts