Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I started thinking about how reality is all subjective and we all perceive it differently and it really freaks me out. Cause then we might as well all be living in different realities. And no one can ever actually truly relate to another right?? I'm so scared please help me

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Reality is very much objective.

I'm sure many will disagree with me, but getting caught up in the true nature of reality is negligible. In my opinion, the perceived isn't something that can be debated. For instance, if a red car drives by, every single person would say that a red car drove by. That isn't a subjective experience. Now, the meaning of that experience may differ among people - one person may find the car to be a more maroon red than scarlet red, but it was a red car nonetheless. Sure, we filter things through our own personal experiences, but there is a baseline objective reality that we all participate in.

And no one can ever actually truly relate to another right??
We relate all the time.

Friends, family, and colleagues. We connect through mutual hobbies or interests, most of the time. While we can never truly understand someone 100%, we can get pretty damn close.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts