Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

My name is Scheiffer, I'm 26 years of age and currently having a pretty awful time with DR.

I first experienced it this bad back in 2012, now it's back with a vengeance after years of feeling great - please don't panic yourselves if you have been on the straight and narrow road of recovery for the last few years and you're worrying you will end up like me, I can definitely identify why I'm feeling like it now. One of the biggest gut wrenching fears for me is the constant dwelling on my dreams. I wake up the next day after having extremely vivid dreams and I just focus on them all day, as if I am having flash backs, for some reason this really freaks me out, I think this is because of my DR, worrying about unreality. I have felt foggy brained, vacant and down for about 2 weeks now and it's creating horrible thoughts in my head (which I of course don't want to think.) I'm just looking for someone to talk to really and relate with, does anyone else dwell on their vivid dreams? or get the same random vivid dreams? any tips for relief?

I'm heading on Holiday very soon and I'm hoping that will help me. Once I return I will look at improving my diet and try taking more vitamins.

Thanks,

Scheiffer

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had this problem it's not so bad now, I was sleeping badly I was having so many dreams & remembered them really well into the day. They weren't bad only v vivid & often in them I'd still be friends with people & not have dp so made my dp worse. I sometimes got confused between dreams and my past/ real life. I think decent deep sleep helps so yeah exercise, eating better & not too much in the evening, supplements, being busy, using your brain in a productive way etc all helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this problem it's not so bad now, I was sleeping badly I was having so many dreams & remembered them really well into the day. They weren't bad only v vivid & often in them I'd still be friends with people & not have dp so made my dp worse. I sometimes got confused between dreams and my past/ real life. I think decent deep sleep helps so yeah exercise, eating better & not too much in the evening, supplements, being busy, using your brain in a productive way etc all helps.
Thanks a lot for this Katie. I've just returned from holiday and I was a little Derealized being over there, but I've come to learn it was due to being stressed from a flight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts