Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if I’ve always had ocd or if it’s because of the dp and anxiety I got from a thc overdose. I’m 32 and never had any of these symptoms before in my life. But I keep wondering and going back thinking we’re there signs that I could be ocd. But I don’t think being organized or neat is enough to tell for sure. The dp comes and goes and I try to ignore it. The obsessive thoughts about literally anything and everything seem to be at the fore front of my symptoms. Is there anyone else that can relate or possibly give me some insight into this? I just want to recover and I’ve been making improvements. My concern is now I have ocd to deal with for the rest of my life even after recovery from dp. Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Okay. I'm going to do my best here. So I didn't discover OCD until about 3 months ago when I was watching a video by Harris Goldberg talking about DP. He was talking about dp and how he coped and such then brought up OCD and make a very good/strong point about OCD. I too had my DP kick off from a bad trip on weed, and was stuck in a storm for years and came out on the other side somehow. I've had relapses, I just recently had one as a I graduated college, lost my mom and tried to force a relationship. My stresses were out control. It made my OCD outrage and it's presence is very strong as strong as it's ever been if not stronger only difference is I've gone through this before. The video made me start to look back on my life and think about OCD. I was always having thoughts that my parents would die and I would be left alone. They would leave and never return and if they weren't home by when they said I would have breakdowns. Things had to be perfect for me especially revolving around success and school. I had to have straight a's and things
Like that. I noticed my first girlfriend I had and our relationship had a lot to do with obsession. I notice now that when I speak to a girl I feel like I try and figure out right away if she's going to be the girl I marry and am with forever and this thinking is very stressful. I also obsess over the sensations of DP and all the weird thoughts and feelings I now have exestential ocd something terrible, have had it before as well. I notice I used to and still do count by 4's randomly and do gestures and things that are orobabaly related to anxiety/ocd. Ocd can be mental compulsions rather then physical and can actually be just thoughts rather then actions, that's pure-o. It just depends. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts