Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you shrink a picture down to avatar size without it looking weird? When I try to do it with my pictures it looks fuzzy and distorted. Do you guys use a certain software or anything?

·
Registered
733 Posts
i just used photo shop...however, i have been informed that my picture looks a bit like terry garr, and i don't really think i look like terry garr in it when it's full sized. at least i hope not :lol:

·
Registered
447 Posts
When resizing an image, apply a "Sharpening" effect every 45-72% of down-sizing. Experiment with various sharpening effects (photoshop has quite some) and percent of down-sizing.

enggirl, if you don't have photoshop you can download a tryout, but it's 300mb! i know pain shop pro does resizing, and even acdsee (http://www.acdsystems.com/) which is 12mb. I can't guarantee about acdsee since I am using a very old version.

If everything else fails, ask from a friend to do it, or another member

·
Former Moderator
1,273 Posts
agentcooper said:
i just used photo shop...however, i have been informed that my picture looks a bit like terry garr, and i don't really think i look like terry garr in it when it's full sized. at least i hope not :lol:
And just what, pray tell, is wrong with Terri Garr?

·
Registered
733 Posts
sebastian said:
agentcooper said:
And just what, pray tell, is wrong with Terri Garr?
well, sebastian, i know you're a huge fan (possibly even her number 1 fan), but....i guess she's just not my style. :wink:

·
Registered
967 Posts
yea it sucks. i dont have any fancy image programs, i just use my simple webcam veo digital studio program to resize my images.

first what i do, is crop the image as much as possible before resizing.

then i resize it, crop again if need be, and then fiddle with the brightness, gamma, and contrast percentages till it looks fairly visible. any basic image program has this.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I have photoshop. Let me work on it.

G

·
I just fook about wi' the settins 'n' shiznit.

I use Paint, crop the selection, then resize to 25% or whatever of the original.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks you guys. I've screwed up about ten of my pictures of myself trying to crop and sharpen them so now I have to find one to use. I could take one of myself right now and you could see me with greasy hair smoking a cigarette with my I just woke up face.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks enigma. That's a really good site. I put it on my favorites. I've been working on dling a picture, but I'm still having problems and I have a project for school due tomorrow so I really need to work on that tonight. I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow. But I'm kinda rethinking it now. You ever notice how all the pictures on the pic submission are of good looking people? That's why I'm gonna do an avatar. It's smaller and more indiscriminate.

·
Registered
224 Posts
enigma said:
Yeah, and I'm the best looking one of them all!
Definitely! The pic is even better than your signature. Is it from some B monster movie? I thought I had seen just about all of those, but this has me stumped.

If this really is a picture of you, please accept my apology for the last remark.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts