Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay TRIGGER!!
Recently I read a lot on the internet about DP/DR... And it's said that DR/DP is also a sign of beginning schizophrenia...especially if you're young (like me...16) I'm so damn scared!! Is there a link betweem it? Is DP/DR a early sign of it??

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think we all get this fear or a similar one when dpdr first hits because it feels so strange and scary. I know i did. Ive even had mild halucinations before when very tired/exsausted so ive panicked alot before about possibly having schizophrenia but i didnt develop it. Dpdr can be an early sign for another disorder yes but usually its its own disorder by itself. Lots of people will develop dpdr around your age. My first experiance with it was when i was 17. This is also a time of high stress in life. Its prob because the brain is changing at that age and most mental illnesses and issues tend to surface around that time as you reach adulthood.
I recommend seeing a doc to be evaluated and who can watch you for any other symptoms just so you have peace of mind. But personally i think you are perfectly fine. It helps to check with family or friends every so often to make sure you didnt just hallucinate or something. I do it sometimes still cause i occassionally get paranoid lol
Id like to point out its perfectly normal for even a healthy person to have a halucination when under certain circumstances like burn out, severe stress, sleep deprivation, even from manic depression, etc...so even if you do have one, dont freak out unless it becomes a regular thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts