Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take the 5mg tablet and within half an hour my tinnitus is gone, the feeling of full ears also goes away and my head feels more clear and no racing thoughts.I know it is a typical antipsychotic and at low doses is used for migraine and vomiting.I saw 2 reddit posts saying that this medication made them feel better than all other medications they tried for years.But if you check reviews on other websites most people say it's the worst thing they ever took(it must be noted that they got the intravenous prochlorperazine in hospital).That medication is a D2 antagonist like most other antipsychotics.So I wonder whats the reason that this is so effective for me(no side effects at all).Am I psychotic or what ? I would say that some people have too much dopamine activity in the brain but I wish I could know why it works so well for me so I could maybe find an alternative as that can be taken for longer than 4 weeks.

· Registered
572 Posts
I take the 5mg tablet and within half an hour my tinnitus is gone, the feeling of full ears also goes away and my head feels more clear and no racing thoughts.I know it is a typical antipsychotic and at low doses is used for migraine and vomiting.I saw 2 reddit posts saying that this medication made them feel better than all other medications they tried for years.But if you check reviews on other websites most people say it's the worst thing they ever took(it must be noted that they got the intravenous prochlorperazine in hospital).That medication is a D2 antagonist like most other antipsychotics.So I wonder whats the reason that this is so effective for me(no side effects at all).Am I psychotic or what ? I would say that some people have too much dopamine activity in the brain but I wish I could know why it works so well for me so I could maybe find an alternative as that can be taken for longer than 4 weeks.
an antipsychotic effect is only achieved at higher doses. so i dont think that youre psychotic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts