Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Problems with breathing

417 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Debora17
I have a very hard problem and that is i can't feel my breath its like I don't have lungs i cant even tell if I'm inhaling or exhaling i don't have any urge to breathe i can literally just not breath in till i pass out and because of this i dont know if I'm breathing too much or too little because i can't feel anything even if im suffocating i cant tell and whenever i breath manually my automatic breathing don't stop its like my lungs are fighting should we let the manual breathing or the auto breathing please is this a common thing
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
I have a very hard problem and that is i can't feel my breath its like I don't have lungs i cant even tell if I'm inhaling or exhaling i don't have any urge to breathe i can literally just not breath in till i pass out and because of this i dont know if I'm breathing too much or too little because i can't feel anything even if im suffocating i cant tell and whenever i breath manually my automatic breathing don't stop its like my lungs are fighting should we let the manual breathing or the auto breathing please is this a common thing

I know exactly what you are talking about. I wrote here a month ago about this : Please help

This problem with breathing occurred in 2017 and I had dpdr for so much longer. The first time I was so scared, didn't know how to describe it and linked it to my usual dpdr symptoms but it was so difficult to cope with. I describe it as heavy chest, chest pressure, chest pain but a dull pain rather than sharp. I literally don't feel when I inhale and exhale and when I hold my breath it's like I can stay like that for so long time. I It's like you have to force yourself to breathe, as if we don't breathe subconsciously but this symptom feels just like that. I guess it's triggered by stress/stressful events/anxiety because it can last for days.
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.