Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’m currently expecting a baby and past few weeks my dr has been UNBAREABLE. I’ve had DP twice in the past and it’s eventually faded after months but this time feels worse. I stopped taking my sertraline and started being anxious about giving birth which I think started it all off again? I’m back on my meds but feeling 0 difference yet. Could it be worse due to my pregnancy hormones do you think? :( scared I’ll be struck forever and not be able to care for my little boy properly

·
Registered
445 Posts
I got dpdr from stopping and starting sertraline unsupervised last year. You've got to be super mentallt healthy to come off them so maybe it was too soon. Pregnancy im sure could play a role but I dont know too much cos.. well im a dude. Reckon it's primarily from the meds changes tho if I'm honest

·
Registered
119 Posts
What trimester? Had someone told you to go off the meds? Your hormones are wreaking havoc when pregnant. I didn’t even recognize myself the first trimester. But I was told to stay on my antidepressant. Sometimes when you stop an antidepressant and start again it won’t work the same. See a pdoc that knows about meds and pregnancy. Your OB May be able to recommend some. You should also set up a plan for after giving birth as that is when hormones spike. I’ve been through this. You can get help so don’t worry!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts