Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Dp since 2015, i already knew about this forum, i came here with the sole purpose of maybe helping someone in need, or finding us a solution, in the past years I've tried Diazepam and after a 10mg pill, the effects of Dp diminish a lot. Of course they come back after a day of a few hours, but for that time being, you experience being somewhat normal again, maybe try for yourselves, and report, idk. I've learned to live with it, made my peace with existing / not existing. Nonetheless, people suffering acutely, do not linger in websites like these, it'll only make shit more(less) real in your head. Try mindfulness, spiritual practices, and Diazepam. This is my message for the time being. Be brave

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I notice that benzos have also helped me as my anxiety and DPDR are very interlinked. However eventually I built up a tolerance and was going into benzo withdrawl between doses and had to spend 377 days (of hell) tapering off of it. It's great for certain situations though. I'd recommend finding an EMDR therapist and working your way through what's causing the dissociation bc the benzos will just be a bandaid. But! I'm glad something is giving you relief, we all deserve to be okay :)

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! I notice that benzos have also helped me as my anxiety and DPDR are very interlinked. However eventually I built up a tolerance and was going into benzo withdrawl between doses and had to spend 377 days (of hell) tapering off of it. It's great for certain situations though. I'd recommend finding an EMDR therapist and working your way through what's causing the dissociation bc the benzos will just be a bandaid. But! I'm glad something is giving you relief, we all deserve to be okay :)
Never tried benzos, i am a very stubborn person and committed myself to resolving this issue by myself with the passage of time, that however lead me to lose a part of the caring side, a bit of soul i guess. But I'm very optimistic towards a bright future, i feel it within. I think dpdr is meant to happen to some of us, it's a strange condition, but makes you learn a shit ton if you just let it be in you. I'm also a very anxious person, and for sure the onset of a bit more anxiety directly impacts dpdr, it's our brain's protection from an unwanted reality (1 trigger). Tbh i don't find any hope or patience for therapists or conventional treatments, strangely enough I'm lazy enough to just let it settle in rather than seeking a valid professional. I remember the first episodes when it started happening, i wasn't in any anxious situation, just daily routine and suddenly started feeling like in a dream, scared the shit outta me, till i snapped back. Unfortunately it insidiously settled in overtime to the point it was already normal, but i remember very specific harsh sudden attacks where I was just having supper with family looking at someone and suddenly it was like my spirit going the fock outta my body, i remember grabbing the closest think like a napkin to fucking tightly as to try and remain in reality. Well, i was 18, I'm now 25, embraced dp in such a level whereas i literally don't give a single fuck about it, no matter how harsh, probably not healthy, but also probably the only 'true way out'. If anyone seeks to share thoughts or needs some mental comfort I'm available to help you how i can, if anything, this shit makes us a family, and we must look out for each other

· Registered
236 Posts
Never tried benzos, i am a very stubborn person and committed myself to resolving this issue by myself with the passage of time, that however lead me to lose a part of the caring side, a bit of soul i guess. But I'm very optimistic towards a bright future, i feel it within. I think dpdr is meant to happen to some of us, it's a strange condition, but makes you learn a shit ton if you just let it be in you. I'm also a very anxious person, and for sure the onset of a bit more anxiety directly impacts dpdr, it's our brain's protection from an unwanted reality (1 trigger). Tbh i don't find any hope or patience for therapists or conventional treatments, strangely enough I'm lazy enough to just let it settle in rather than seeking a valid professional. I remember the first episodes when it started happening, i wasn't in any anxious situation, just daily routine and suddenly started feeling like in a dream, scared the shit outta me, till i snapped back. Unfortunately it insidiously settled in overtime to the point it was already normal, but i remember very specific harsh sudden attacks where I was just having supper with family looking at someone and suddenly it was like my spirit going the fock outta my body, i remember grabbing the closest think like a napkin to fucking tightly as to try and remain in reality. Well, i was 18, I'm now 25, embraced dp in such a level whereas i literally don't give a single fuck about it, no matter how harsh, probably not healthy, but also probably the only 'true way out'. If anyone seeks to share thoughts or needs some mental comfort I'm available to help you how i can, if anything, this shit makes us a family, and we must look out for each other
Diazepam is a benzodiazepine. It's the second one that went to market, in 1963. They're essential medications when used properly and very harmful if used improperly. I think the use case you've described here is proper and I like that you emphasized calming behaviors like breathing exercises and meditations. Currently people are finding square and triangle breathing techniques are most calming. It's best not to refer to benzodiazepines by their street name "benzos" because this simultaneously trivializes them and promotes stereotypes that they're poisonous.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Diazepam is a benzodiazepine. It's the second one that went to market, in 1963. They're essential medications when used properly and very harmful if used improperly. I think the use case you've described here is proper and I like that you emphasized calming behaviors like breathing exercises and meditations. Currently people are finding square and triangle breathing techniques are most calming. It's best not to refer to benzodiazepines by their street name "benzos" because this simultaneously trivializes them and promotes stereotypes that they're poisonous.
Fascinating. I reckon one can only get them with prescription yes?

· Registered
27 Posts
I have Dp since 2015, i already knew about this forum, i came here with the sole purpose of maybe helping someone in need, or finding us a solution, in the past years I've tried Diazepam and after a 10mg pill, the effects of Dp diminish a lot. Of course they come back after a day of a few hours, but for that time being, you experience being somewhat normal again, maybe try for yourselves, and report, idk. I've learned to live with it, made my peace with existing / not existing. Nonetheless, people suffering acutely, do not linger in websites like these, it'll only make shit more(less) real in your head. Try mindfulness, spiritual practices, and Diazepam. This is my message for the time being. Be brave
Short solutions for DP/DR:
Work out , antidepressants, Sex, caloric food, etc. All this things will make your brain happy for a while because of the release of serotonin and dopamine.

Long term solutions:
Ground your mind and body to people staff, like:
Have a family, find a good job, resolve underline issues, etc.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Short solutions for DP/DR:
Work out , antidepressants, Sex, caloric food, etc. All this things will make your brain happy for a while because of the release of serotonin and dopamine.

Long term solutions:
Ground your mind and body to people staff, like:
Have a family, find a good job, resolve underline issues, etc.
I like your points but it's way too generalised, I've been high on all the short term solutions for long periods of time and they did NOT decrease my Dp by any pleasant level. It was there all the time, wether i was thinking of it or not. But yeah for most people i think those are good enough. Gotta review the long term ones for sure :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts