Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for post-bombing :)

I was on this board 2004-2007 (well since 2001 but the old board was hacked. Ah, DP in 2001. I was in NYC close to the World Trade Center and was so DP'd on 9/11 that the attack didn't even faze me. I saw the wreckage shortly after and was still quite unfazed.)

I don't recognize any of you new members, except one.

Back then maybe we had 4000 members here. 1000 or 4000 something like that.

If all those members aren't posting anymore then one can conclude they've either recovered or have been able to get to a very good place in life and don't need the board anymore.

So basically 999-3999 people from back then are not here anymore... That is at least a recovery rate of 99.9 percent! Which means you can count on recovering from dp more than you can count on not getting pregnant from the most effective form of birth control (99.7% effective or something like that).

That should give you some hope.

·
Registered
877 Posts

I was on this board 2004-2007 (well since 2001 but the old board was hacked. Ah, DP in 2001. I was in NYC close to the World Trade Center and was so DP'd on 9/11 that the attack didn't even faze me. I saw the wreckage shortly after and was still quite unfazed.)

If all those members aren't posting anymore then one can conclude they've either recovered or have been able to get to a very good place in life and don't need the board anymore.

So basically 999-3999 people from back then are not here anymore... That is at least a recovery rate of 99.9 percent! Which means you can count on recovering from dp more than you can count on not getting pregnant from the most effective form of birth control (99.7% effective or something like that).

You should make more posts.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Great point
I'm guilty of checking old posts and seeing when that person was ladt online , i always figure if it was ages ago then they maybe are in a better head space

·
Registered
16 Posts

There is much truth in this post. I am here personally, rather than my spouse who is the one who lived with DPDR, because I know the struggle that my spouse endured during DPDR, and I want to be able to provide positive posts for those who are still here, in my spouse's honor. I can say with complete confidence that my spouse will not be back on this forum, and that is not because they don't want to come back and let people know that healing is possible, but because they are keenly aware of how horrible their time in DPDR was, and coming back is a reminder of a time they would most definitely like to forget. DPDR is a highly obsessive anxiety based attack on your mind, body, and soul, when you escape, at least while the "scar" is still fresh, you don't want to immerse yourself back in this world.
Healing is not only possible, it is inevitable if you let it happen. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks man, unfortunately there is many of us that their symptoms (before,while and after the recovery) are very similar to our's but they leave this forum for long time. We really need to know how they dealt with it to make a shortcut of time,efforts and suffer.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yep, I stopped visiting for a few years too until I relapsed. I think there'll be a pretty high correlation between stopping visiting the forum and doing better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ya I agree when I got better I stopped visiting the forums completly. So I agree most of the people who aren’t on here anymore are probably trying to move on w life as best they can.

·
Banned
255 Posts
I stopped visiting this forum for 5 years until I came
Back and then went away within a month but now I'm back and it's stuck around for two months now with no sign of improvement. Im sick of struggling, i was so happy it makes no sense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts