Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I really need any kind of light you guys can shed for me. I smoked some weed 2 years ago had my first panic attack and obviously got DP/DR but its like i dont see you guys on here really worrying about your health i dont understand why. If DP/DR doesnt give you guys hella health anxiety like me i will be pretty pissed. I think the weed may have giving me health anxiety and DP/DR combined or something. What do you guys think. Truth be told i hope you guys say you worry about your health alot. Cuz i get so many panic attacks cuz of it. If i didnt i prolly would not have DP. You guys know where im coming from right?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I really need any kind of light you guys can shed for me. I smoked some weed 2 years had my first panic attack and obviously got DP/DR but its like i dont see you guys on here really worrying about your health i dont understand why. If DP/DR doesnt give you guys hella health anxiety like me i will be pretty pissed. I think the weed may have giving me health anxiety and DP/DR combined or something. What do you guys think. Truth be told i hope you guys say you worry about your health alot. Cuz i get so many panic attacks cuz of it. If i didnt i prolly would not have DP. You guys know where im coming from right?
A physical health anxiety can be largely alleviated by seeing a doctor, and having some tests done. I had a massive health anxiety that brought on panic attacks and almost plunged me into DR, but it passed after receiving reassurance from a doctor. What kind of health anxieties do you have?

The more abstract sources of anxiety that come up a lot here cannot usually be resolved satisfactorily and tend to stick around. IMO, those suck more than health anxieties, but are usually unfounded and serve no useful purpose. At least health anxieties can motivate you to make choices that lead to a long healthy life!

Do those anxieties motivate you to take extra good care of your health? (Regular exercise, healthy diet, sufficient sleep, stress management, etc.)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A physical health anxiety can be largely alleviated by seeing a doctor, and having some tests done. I had a massive health anxiety that brought on panic attacks and almost plunged me into DR, but it passed after receiving reassurance from a doctor. What kind of health anxieties do you have?

The more abstract sources of anxiety that come up a lot here cannot usually be resolved satisfactorily and tend to stick around. IMO, those suck more than health anxieties, but are usually unfounded and serve no useful purpose. At least health anxieties can motivate you to make choices that lead to a long healthy life!

Do those anxieties motivate you to take extra good care of your health? (Regular exercise, healthy diet, sufficient sleep, stress management, etc.)
Basically my whole DP/DR experience ive been fearing Death. Its like im worrying about my heart because of the tightness i feel in my chest. My head feels a lot of pressure and that scares me as well. The only really thing im concerned about is my heart. Chest pains are tough to deal with. But when i first developed DP i was afraid of the typical heart problem always going to the hostpital but there always saying nothings wrong with me. Thats really what it is the tightness in my chest. It scares me to my core and my anxiety be on high alert at all times. Im typing from a little state of calm. I had to pop a valium bro started having a panic attack cuz of my chest pain that i mentioned. I still kind of feel it but not as bad anymore. It even feels like my body is starting to feel some kind of love flowing through it I dont know how to explain it, thats also freaking me out! Is my DP going away or something? Cuz im definitely feeling some type of love flowing in my body.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yea dude, like i had some minor problems/feelings and I though i might have cancer and was prolly bout to die lmao. I thinks is just another side effect and btw 2nd year too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Basically my whole DP/DR experience ive been fearing Death. Its like im worrying about my heart because of the tightness i feel in my chest. My head feels a lot of pressure and that scares me as well. The only really thing im concerned about is my heart. Chest pains are tough to deal with. But when i first developed DP i was afraid of the typical heart problem always going to the hostpital but there always saying nothings wrong with me. Thats really what it is the tightness in my chest. It scares me to my core and my anxiety be on high alert at all times. Im typing from a little state of calm. I had to pop a valium bro started having a panic attack cuz of my chest pain that i mentioned. I still kind of feel it but not as bad anymore. It even feels like my body is starting to feel some kind of love flowing through it I dont know how to explain it, thats also freaking me out! Is my DP going away or something? Cuz im definitely feeling some type of love flowing in my body.
Maybe it's your heart trying to reassure you, "Doing just fine bro -- appreciate the concern, but relax and let me do my job! And stop watching me - makes me nervous lol"

Your body has incredible intelligence, and beating your heart every second for decades is the least of the miracles it performs.

If doctors keep giving you the all clear, then don't be afraid to exercise. It will strengthen your heart and reduce your anxiety massively.

Even when I was an atheist, I had learned not to fear my own death. (I do however fear regret, separation from loved ones, etc.) Underlying the fear of death is fear of the uncertainty of the unknown and unknowable. But you don't have to fear the unknown: it also represents possibility and freedom. Your relationship to it is very important. You can have faith that what you can't see is under control. For example, in trusting in the intelligence of your body to keep the heart beating.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i can totally agree with you. i’ve never had anxiety about anything else i only have health anxiety. i’ve had felt with it my whole life and it’s causes so many countless panic attacks just about my heart and stuff. i’m perfectly fit, i work out all the time and am in great shape. i smoked weed and got this and i was nervous because it was my second time and the first time i didn’t even get that high but yea i just freaked out and now i’m here. i just wanna say i believe i’m almost 100% recovered i’ve only had dr for around 4 months and i’m so grateful it wasn’t terrible even tho when i was going through it felt like i was in hell. once your cured you will not even have the much health anxiety anymore but it will still be there and unfortunately your whole life. i like to think of it as just a thought and i recognize it as just that. i’m always freaking out about my heart and just my brain thinking i’m gonna die soon. every single day when i was going through dr i wouldn’t think i would wake up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts