Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
It does sound like DP/DR, your symptoms are literally just like mine, even the falling asleep thing, but dpdr was brought on by marijuana for me. Sorry that you're going through this, it's really awful. I've seen lots of doctors and psychologists and none of them have known what I meant when I said 'depersonalization,' they just told me it was anxiety. Which of course it is for me, but I feel like dpdr is more than just anxiety haha. Anyways I finally found one psychologist that understood dpdr, so if you decide to see a psychologist you might need to 'shop around' to find one that you like/that understands dpdr. Otherwise I also take medication, which is totally optional, but has helped my anxiety and depression so I can live a somewhat normal life, go to school, etc. without dpdr getting too much in the way.

I suggest you look into some relaxation techniques. I personally love yoga, meditation, and exercise to relieve stress and relax my mind. I also like aromatherapy as a way to relax. Anything you can do to get your mind of anxiety and dpdr is very helpful. For instance, I'm in university, which is a LOT of work, but I find it really helpful for anxiety/depression/dpdr because my brain is focussing so hard on my school work that I hardly have any time to worry about things.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you can find some help on here and in the real world! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts