Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
.Hi I've been talking to this girl for a long time she used to help me through stuff and just recently we started actually talking and she's always told me about how she numbed her emotions. But shes been saying she wants to feel again. so we went on a date yesterday to the movies and we're cuddling the whole time and then when I got home I was talking to her and she was saying about how she was trying to tell herself she should be happy but for some reason she couldn't feel anything. she aays she has feeling for me and she wantd to date me but no matter what she does she cant feel anything. She tried doing the oppisite of what she did to cause it which was tell herself shes fine anytime she feels emotion. Not even her sadest most emotional playlist can get her to feel anything. Talking to a therapist hasnt helped yet. Someone please help me! Thus truelly breaks my heart to know she cant feel anything. I want to do anything i can do to help her. Shes not on any Anit Depressants bc they didnt help so when she stopped taking then she said her depression went away but she still cant feel anything. No shes not on the forum and i dont want her to bc if you have it it isnt good to be on forums which is why i am instead of her. What can i do to help her?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Lol, idk if oxytocin is a cure for dp.....probably not...especially not as an intentional mechanical move for that purpose.
she named her emotions? elaborate..

Umm, if any of us knew I'm afraid this forum wouldn't exist. The best you can do is read the recovery stories, get some nuggets of understanding about the causes and yeah.
Good luck to her. Is she on this forum?

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
oxytocin that takes me back.

Mirtazapine gave me emotions. Although this question is specific it is kinda like asking how to cure DP... depends on the person, if we are just talking about medications that will bring out some emotion, i say AD (with option to add a low dose antipsychotic).

Most common AD's I see for DP:

Escitalopram (SSRI)

Effexor (SNRI)

Will need a phycologist to add AS and i'd go with a AD for at least 3 months and make sure it's doing it's task/might not be needed.

These two AS come up a lot in DP:

Geodon

Abilify

All my own research, but basically, antidepressant is the first place i'd start

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
So going off that AD caused DP?

If it was caused by an antidepressant least you know it's maybe an imbalance but how do you know she has full DP, blunted emotions from antidepressants is common, PAWS (look it up) even lists it as a withdrawal symptom but that's not enough to say she has DP, anhedonia is part of major depressive disorder for instance.

So she didn't have DP before an antidepressant?

Might just be withdrawal, your brain basically stops making what the antidepressant has been making for you or so the theory goes and takes a while to kick up production, PAWS is thought to last as long as two years, some just decided it's better going back on the antidepressant, even though it caused it, it can often fix it, because as i explained your brain gets the chemical it has began to rely on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts