Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have all the same symptoms daily and my dr/dp was trigger by marijuana and antidepressant use. Ive had it for 3 years, off and on but recently i have had it very bad for the last 4 months. Ive have all these symptoms too, daily but i bouts of clarity that give me hope, espessially after i wake up in the morning. Yes, good sleep is very important. When it gets really bad, i do stuff like reminding myself this is all just mental processes that are completely reversable. You just have to convince yourself it is which is the hard part but once u successfully feel normal, even for a couple minutes, it gives u alot of hope. Say things to yourself like "this is just dp/dr right now, and i know its there, right now. I know this feeling now." It tricks u into thinking its not really there but it is. Do breathing exersizes while naming objects around the room or setting that your at. Name things your feeling around you like if ur sitting on a chair, feel the chair with ur fingers and say to urself, ok, thats a chair. It helps u feel more grounded. I also write down all my thoughts and feelings in a journal. It helps so much more than i thought it would cause it feels like i get all those feelings out of my mind and onto paper instead. It makes me feel less confused and more in control. Hope this helps!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.