Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an alt that I really want to get rid of, but he overlaps so much with the me I want to keep that it might be impossible to get rid of him and still have everything the way it needs to be. The side that I dont want is too eccentric and it exposes me to things that I'm happy to be free from. My goal is to firmly stand on the side that I want in a way that preserves all of it fragile inner workings and wont be hard to hold on to because its "slippery" or "rigid". Someone PLEASE help me out

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. All I want is for someone to tell me the trick for permanently conditioning cognitive biases that are tricky to hold on to because they are more "rigid" and "slippery" than you want them to be and know what to do when there is no reliable way of telling what should and shouldn't be covered by those biases. VERY frustrated that no one can tell me how to do that

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
982 Posts
Yeah i've read this a few times and literally have no idea, it makes my brain hurt. It's like a string of words that don't make sentences. From what I gathered you are talking about DID, if so there is a forum that might be better but really a psychologist is the best person

https://www.psychforums.com/dissociative-identity/

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have an alt that I really want to get rid of, but he overlaps so much with the me I want to keep that it might be impossible to get rid of him and still have everything the way it needs to be. The side that I dont want is too eccentric and it exposes me to things that I'm happy to be free from. My goal is to firmly stand on the side that I want in a way that preserves all of it fragile inner workings and wont be hard to hold on to because its "slippery" or "rigid". Someone PLEASE help me out
From what I've read, you 'get rid' of this part of you that became an alt by recognizing what it detached from you in the first place, and then evolved into something more and different.

Have you seen a psychatrist? I really suggest seeing one, on the long run it might me the best decision you've made for yourself ever.

And yeah this forum is for DPDR which is a disorder own its own different from DID.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts