Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had DPDR lil over 2 years This happened 7mnths ago: Everything feels uncomfortable
My thoughts is constantly jumbled/distorted confusion/random/nonsense trippy destroyed loud BULLSHIT images. (My (perception mind)feels totally damadged

i lose the concept of everything my cat makes me uncomf bc i feel like its a new animalfrom another planet that ive never seen before, same with everything else i look at(extremely uncomfortable) i could compare it to the thoughts just before you fall asleep

i feel embarrased of my existence kindof when you Are high on weed and you feel goofy.馃槶

Reality just feels destroyed my mind feels destroyed i think i have brain damadge from drugs i did years ago at This point i cannot find anything similar to What Im experiencing on the internet anywhere i have had dpdr 2 yrs the dpdr have never really bothered me that much ocd have. I also feel like its getting Worse and Worse i cant manage to enjoy myself for 1 minute in 24hrs like i could with ocd/dpdr its just straight up mild torture and i kind of want to die if This dosent go away.
(There is no exxagerating in This post)

God blessyou

Registered
Sounds like your dpdr just got worse. I find the symptoms vary a lot depending on the severity. For an example, I have more mild dpdr than what I had before and it feels so much different. I don't have derealization symptoms and I don't feel detached from my thoughts and body but I still feel that strange sensation of things not feeling right.

You should try and find out what is making you more anxious/stressed lately. I think your symptoms got worse because something in your circumstances got worse too. Maybe something happened in your life 7 months ago that is still worrying or depressing you? You should try and find the correlation and improve on it because I do not think dpdr becomes worse from nothing. It is tied to your anxiety levels, and anxiety can come from a variety of sources that can be resolved. I also believe anxiety is the trigger for OCD and not the other way around, even though OCD reinforces itself and makes anxiety worse, it all stems from a deep seated fear that you have and you must conquer it.

You said you had dp/dr for 2 years which isn't long compared to some people having had it almost their whole life. If it gives any comfort, I had it for 1 year and got out of it completely after I made several improvements in my livelihood and I never took meds. Even though I do not endorse meds personally(I think its a patch-solution), I also realize its what some people need to function and can be a stepping stone to recovery.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try to find a medication that calms you down makes you think rationally.Forget about the stigma and go a step forward.The brain can become dysfunctional as any other organ, in fact it's a priorty to heal your brain to be able to cope with what life brings.
[/QUOTE

when This stuff Im talking abt came 7mnths ago i went to an insane asylum for 2 weeks bc i didntknow What was happening They gave me valium witch didnt do anything and in the end got zyprexa (horrible antipsychotic) i found the Pack weeks ago while i was in This condition Im explaining it didnt fix anything but i slept for 24hrs

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember feeling like I had brain damage too! But with the right treatment, you will improve. I promise. Start psychological therapy or medications. Find what works for you and it will lift.
I understand, but im not feeling like i have brain im rationally 75% sure i have it bc the stuff i am experiencing is not OK its a total mindfuck and something is completely wrong i did take mri scan various brain tests needles etc They found nothing out of the ordinary They said but This stuff Imtalkin abt have gotten better but it came back strongly weeks/month ago just pisses me off so much that This is uniqely for me and that i cant find out What it is

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like your dpdr just got worse. I find the symptoms vary a lot depending on the severity. For an example, I have more mild dpdr than what I had before and it feels so much different. I don't have derealization symptoms and I don't feel detached from my thoughts and body but I still feel that strange sensation of things not feeling right.

You should try and find out what is making you more anxious/stressed lately. I think your symptoms got worse because something in your circumstances got worse too. Maybe something happened in your life 7 months ago that is still worrying or depressing you? You should try and find the correlation and improve on it because I do not think dpdr becomes worse from nothing. It is tied to your anxiety levels, and anxiety can come from a variety of sources that can be resolved. I also believe anxiety is the trigger for OCD and not the other way around, even though OCD reinforces itself and makes anxiety worse, it all stems from a deep seated fear that you have and you must conquer it.

You said you had dp/dr for 2 years which isn't long compared to some people having had it almost their whole life. If it gives any comfort, I had it for 1 year and got out of it completely after I made several improvements in my livelihood and I never took meds. Even though I do not endorse meds personally(I think its a patch-solution), I also realize its what some people need to function and can be a stepping stone to recovery.
it had nothing to do with the circumstances ithink exet for i was drinking every weekendthat year friday\saturday toGet a break from my ocd. I suspect maybe its brain damadge from alcohol? (Unlikely) i used to be a stoner and smoke hash all day for years and i suspect it could have been fake hash with added synthetic cannabis in it? Witch i heard is a prblm in europe i just really hope it gets better if not idk if i can take This life anymore tbh i have my limits or maybe is just something as innocent as brainfog it just piss me off that i cant find out What it is atleast so i knowif Im fucked or not

Registered
it had nothing to do with the circumstances ithink exet for i was drinking every weekendthat year friday\saturday toGet a break from my ocd. I suspect maybe its brain damadge from alcohol? (Unlikely) i used to be a stoner and smoke hash all day for years and i suspect it could have been fake hash with added synthetic cannabis in it? Witch i heard is a prblm in europe i just really hope it gets better if not idk if i can take This life anymore tbh i have my limits or maybe is just something as innocent as brainfog it just piss me off that i cant find out What it is atleast so i knowif Im fucked or not
If I was you, I would stay away from everything alcohol and drugs. Alcohol in large amounts over long periods of time is proven to have degenerative effects on the brain. You are young and only got drunk on weekend so Its probably not too severe but even if it is a small amount of brain damage, it can be reversed. Im more worried about the long term use of drugs that can have dangerous stuff in it.

I would stat away from all substances and try to live healthy. Eat more vegetables and take some quality omega3 supplement and try to live life normally. Maybe do more stuff that engages your brain like learning something new and do more exercising and socializing.

Dont loose hope.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I was you, I would stay away from everything alcohol and drugs. Alcohol in large amounts over long periods of time is proven to have degenerative effects on the brain. You are young and only got drunk on weekend so Its probably not too severe but even if it is a small amount of brain damage, it can be reversed. Im more worried about the long term use of drugs that can have dangerous stuff in it.

I would stat away from all substances and try to live healthy. Eat more vegetables and take some quality omega3 supplement and try to live life normally. Maybe do more stuff that engages your brain like learning something new and do more exercising and socializing.

Dont loose hope.
thanks for the tips i do take omega 3 everyday i also officialy quit alcohol over a month ago no drugs either. Btw This stuff has also come in waves like its pretty intense 1 week, then next week its livable again and 60% less intense. One time i only slept 2-3 hrs and that day it kinda went away idk why but when Im sleep deprived Im less anxious andi feel slight euphoria but idk

Registered
thanks for the tips i do take omega 3 everyday i also officialy quit alcohol over a month ago no drugs either. Btw This stuff has also come in waves like its pretty intense 1 week, then next week its livable again and 60% less intense. One time i only slept 2-3 hrs and that day it kinda went away idk why but when Im sleep deprived Im less anxious andi feel slight euphoria but idk
Yes my symptoms also lower when Im tired. I think its because OCD is essentially an overactive brain and its hard for the brain to be overactive when its tired, so it lowers intrusive thoughts and therefore lowers anxiety and DP symptoms. Also good to hear you quit. Id suggest you start working out more and maybe socialize more with friends and family. I find those are the top things that gets me out of this state.

Registered
Had DPDR lil over 2 years This happened 7mnths ago: Everything feels uncomfortable My thoughts is constantly jumbled/distorted confusion/random/nonsense trippy destroyed loud BULLSHIT images. (My (perception mind)feels totally damadged i lose the concept of everything my cat makes me uncomf bc i feel like its a new animalfrom another planet that ive never seen before, same with everything else i look at(extremely uncomfortable) i could compare it to the thoughts just before you fall asleep i feel embarrased of my existence kindof when you Are high on weed and you feel goofy.馃槶 Reality just feels destroyed my mind feels destroyed i think i have brain damadge from drugs i did years ago at This point i cannot find anything similar to What Im experiencing on the internet anywhere i have had dpdr 2 yrs the dpdr have never really bothered me that much ocd have. I also feel like its getting Worse and Worse i cant manage to enjoy myself for 1 minute in 24hrs like i could with ocd/dpdr its just straight up mild torture and i kind of want to die if This dosent go away. (There is no exxagerating in This post) God blessyou
Everything you are feeling, the strange and bizarre sensations, the fact that you feel like your brain is permanently broken, like nobody else has felt this, like your mind is destroyed, like it鈥檚 from drugs and other decisions you made are all apart of this. At some point in the future you must take a leap of faith, and really try to believe that. It isn鈥檛 going to feel like what I am saying holds any value to you, and it might not for a while. This isn鈥檛 a wound that is going to heal with some Neosporin and a band aid. This is a bad back injury. It has months of physical therapy. You might not walk for months (metaphorically speaking). Time and time again it may feel hopeless. I鈥檝e been you before. I鈥檝e had every symptom from hell that you don鈥檛 think I can understand. You couldn鈥檛 even begin to describe the feelings I鈥檝e felt from this, and neither could I for you. You aren鈥檛 alone, and you don鈥檛 have a special or unique case. You may think you do, and that鈥檚 the trap. That鈥檚 what this is. It鈥檚 how it keeps taking your life from you. The distortion of time, sight and every other wicked thing this brings is not unique to you, no matter how horrible it feels. I understand this. I understand feeling like you鈥檙e in another dimension with no way out. It feels like an impossible way to feel unless it鈥檚 true! (Not the case) You will come out of this. Most people do. They just don鈥檛 stick around on forums. I always promised I鈥檇 come back here and tell people. I spend none of my time here now, because it鈥檚 useless. The only things I read that ever helped were the same people saying what I鈥檓 saying to you right now. You might find a comforting thing or two, but the reality is you will beat this. It鈥檚 probably the hardest thing you鈥檒l ever do, but you will. If you need some good YouTube videos to watch, go on Shaan Kassams YouTube, or watch the DPmanual. People on here can say what they want about them-they鈥檙e good. There simple. They don鈥檛 have all the answers, but nobody is going to. This is about fighting the long fight. You鈥檙e not crazy. You haven鈥檛 damaged your brain, and you鈥檙e not schizophrenic. Every person who鈥檚 had DPDR believed that and it鈥檚 destroyed them for a while- myself included. Prosper from this, there鈥檚 things to learn. You鈥檒l be where I am someday, I promise you that. Don鈥檛 obsess over this. Work everyday not to. Peace and love, believe you can beat this. Don鈥檛 give up

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everything you are feeling, the strange and bizarre sensations, the fact that you feel like your brain is permanently broken, like nobody else has felt this, like your mind is destroyed, like it鈥檚 from drugs and other decisions you made are all apart of this. At some point in the future you must take a leap of faith, and really try to believe that. It isn鈥檛 going to feel like what I am saying holds any value to you, and it might not for a while. This isn鈥檛 a wound that is going to heal with some Neosporin and a band aid. This is a bad back injury. It has months of physical therapy. You might not walk for months (metaphorically speaking). Time and time again it may feel hopeless. I鈥檝e been you before. I鈥檝e had every symptom from hell that you don鈥檛 think I can understand. You couldn鈥檛 even begin to describe the feelings I鈥檝e felt from this, and neither could I for you. You aren鈥檛 alone, and you don鈥檛 have a special or unique case. You may think you do, and that鈥檚 the trap. That鈥檚 what this is. It鈥檚 how it keeps taking your life from you. The distortion of time, sight and every other wicked thing this brings is not unique to you, no matter how horrible it feels. I understand this. I understand feeling like you鈥檙e in another dimension with no way out. It feels like an impossible way to feel unless it鈥檚 true! You will come out of this. Most people do. They just don鈥檛 stick around on forums. I always promised I鈥檇 come back here and tell people. I spend none of my time here now, because it鈥檚 useless. The only things I read that ever helped were the same people saying what I鈥檓 saying to you right now. You might find a comforting thing or two, but the reality is you will beat this. It鈥檚 probably the hardest thing you鈥檒l ever do, but you will. If you need some good YouTube videos to watch, go on Shaan Kassams YouTube, or watch the DPmanual. People on here can say what they want about them-they鈥檙e good. There simple. They don鈥檛 have all the answers, and nobody is going to. This is about fighting the long fight. You鈥檙e not crazy. You haven鈥檛 damaged your brain, and you鈥檙e not schizophrenic. Every person who鈥檚 had that believed that and it鈥檚 destroyed them- myself included. Proposer from this, there鈥檚 things to learn. You鈥檒l be where I am someday, I promise you that. Don鈥檛 obsess over this. Work everyday not to. Peace and love, believe you can beat this. Don鈥檛 give up
Thanks! and the last week it has been away(usually This stuff lasts one week and is way better next week) (weird) (comes in waves) and i am way better i am working out everyday and keeping myself busy. I am not thinking abt These weird symptoms, i am def feeling hyper everyday for some reason nowadays feels like Im losing it but i keep going in that (stimulated) direction, maybe that is the way out! 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔廰nyway . Im better atm im happy abt that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts