Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been suffering from dp
6 months I just feel like im being tortured its like what im going through is never ending sometimes my symptoms get so severe that I feel stuck like I will never fully recover. I'm super young I just feel like I ruined myself... Any recovered people from weed induced ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
You will recover dont worry.You will realite that not the DP alone is the problem.

Once you feel better ,you will remember almost daily why it happened and how and all that stuff.That is the main problem for me at least ,

it turns somehow into OCD.But once you overcome that too ,you will be a stronger person.

Also dont forget that stress will trigger it again ,and by time you will be better able to handle it and forget about it.

The brain is able to recover (neuroplasticity) so dont worry

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't know what this is worth if anything, but my spouse is the one recovering from DPDR, so I cannot say that I have had it and know what you are going through in the literal/physical sense, but I can tell you from the outside perspective that the battle can and will be won.
Of the numerous symptoms she had, very few remain, and are shells of their former symptoms. I know my spouse would have read this and said to me (or let eat at themselves), "See, this person isn't fully recovered either, they are still in recovery" - If you asked my spouse today, "Are you glad you are where you are compared to your self in full swing of DPDR", they wouldn't even hesitate to say yes. Sure, they don't want to have had it at all and still strive for 100%, but the difference between now and then is that they are keenly aware that they are recovering, that it takes work, and that they will get there again.

I'm aware that sounds incredibly generic, maybe even like shitty advice, but it's really hard for me to convey in text how sincere I am, and how certain I am that you will be okay again.
Please keep your chin up, focus on improving yourself and your body, and do everything in your power to not give in to the obsession that DPDR creates, you will heal!

·
Registered
16 Posts
You will recover dont worry.You will realite that not the DP alone is the problem.

Once you feel better ,you will remember almost daily why it happened and how and all that stuff.That is the main problem for me at least ,

it turns somehow into OCD.But once you overcome that too ,you will be a stronger person.

Also dont forget that stress will trigger it again ,and by time you will be better able to handle it and forget about it.

The brain is able to recover (neuroplasticity) so dont worry
I love this post! It is incredibly hard to put into words but you have done so very well! DPDR just fools your brain into thinking that you aren't okay, but once you start beating it down, you will realize how crazy your brain was being. It's almost like you have to learn to second guess your brain (because of the DPDR thoughts) and really not trust that it's being rational all the time. The OCD comment really rings home as well, DPDR is SO incredibly obsessive compulsive, but you can overcome it and you will recover!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long did it take you to recover? Like 100% And I know I get stressed because of this situation as I'll be good for a month then boom I'm back to this hell it's horrible cause noone understands it.but I hope I do I feel so stuck. And are u back to ur normal self…?

·
Registered
143 Posts
If I had not read about so many things on the Internet I would have recovered within a month ,but I was reading so much about life ,consciousness ,reality ,the world that I almost turned into a quantum physician.

I do get relapses when having high anxiety ,but I am able to handle it now and so will you.

Don't be afraid (I know its easy to say) ,anxiety is what makes us humans weak.You ,like many other people here are sensitive humans (in a positive way).Thats why we feel so overwhelmed by this condition.Some people even strive to reach this dissociative state ,but we are more sensitive and thats why it gives us a hard time.

You will feel better by time ,it really depends on your life situation.

Let me give you a little example about DP.Many say it is a protection mechanism ,have you ever asked yourself how can that be so if it causes me so much stress and fear ? Think about it that way ,lets say you get traumatized ,your DP kicks in ,now what is DP trying to tell you ? It is like a shield ,which says ,I dont care ,I am far away nothing will happen to me ,I had enough ,I am switching away from the outside world that traumatized me.Now ,at the same time ,why does it make you afraid ? Because you feel that you are not connected to the world that you love anymore ,that you are stuck away from the world.You want to be back again ,you want to enjoy it.

What I am trying to tell you here ,trick your brain the same way your DP tricks you.Believe me the ,the best way to recover faster (ultimately ,you will recover anyways) is to engage in things that make you forget it ,your brain is not able to think about two matters at the same time.

It's not just about recovering ,it's about how you better handle stress in the future.

I was at a point where I said to myself ,this is the highest point ,I am in hell now.When you think about DP ,say to yourself that it is a thought like any other thought ,but it is making me scared ,so lets think about something else.By time your brain will rewire and you will ultimately overcome it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How long did it take you to recover? Like 100% And I know I get stressed because of this situation as I'll be good for a month then boom I'm back to this hell it's horrible cause noone understands it.but I hope I do I feel so stuck. And are u back to ur normal self…?
Everyone is different, so asking "How long to 100%" isn't going to do anything except add to your stress and anxiety, and ultimately making your DPDR worse, because thoughts like that keep leading you down the wrong path. What if someone said, "I got better 4 months after it started." - well then what happens, your brain says "OMG I've had this for SIX MONTHS, I'm a completely unique case and I must be doomed to have this forever.". Subsequently, what happens if someone says they had this for 2 years, then your brain goes "OMG I can't do this for another year and a half, what am I supposed to do, how can I speed this up, that can't be the only way, surely someone got better faster."
There is no right answer to that question for a brain stuck in DPDR. Do not focus on how long, focus on techniques to rewire your thinking habits, get your brain to stop focusing on the DPDR and the symptoms, and focus on doing anything else. Set a goal for yourself even, outside of DPDR, and try to get that goal. Maybe make a goal that you are going to learn how to speak another language, or maybe play an instrument, join a gym with the goal of toning up or bulking or losing weight, and then do that activity every single day without fail. Push yourself to get anything you can to occupy your brain and start pushing the bad thoughts out. You can do it! :D

·
Banned
22 Posts
The chances are 100%, you can always recover. Living a healthy life, exercising, eating healthy, therapy/counselling, educating yourself about psychology and the mind, meditation, can all lead you to more a state of more happiness. But you really gotta work actively for your well being. Many people remain passive, take psychotropic medications and wait for recovery to come.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I don't take any meds im all natrual and Im praying so bad I'll get better it's like I stayed on the drug 247 I just feel like I have not gotten an any better it's been forever I'm worried for my future

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I don't take any meds im all natrual and Im praying so bad I'll get better it's like I stayed on the drug 247 I just feel like I have not gotten an any better it's been forever I'm worried for my future
Completely understandable. 100% the best thing you can do is get your mind to focus elsewhere. When thoughts about symptoms or how you feel come up, you have to redirect, use your senses and thought stopping to bring you back to your present self. A large part of DPDR is the OCD thoughts, and a large part of OCD thoughts is that inherently they bring up the sense that you are in mortal danger. "I'm never going to be okay", "I'm worried about the future". You have to refocus your brain into not believing the "mortal danger" aspect of your thoughts, and instead focus on accepting the thoughts as thoughts, rather than fighting them. This sounds really stupid and induced considerable eye rolling from my spouse, but the truth is it worked and does work well a large majority of the time in helping calm the thoughts and redirecting attention back to what my spouse is currently trying to do rather than the thoughts that clearly aren't of any merit.

As for the meds, after seeing what my spouse went through, the bottom line is that unless you have no other option, natural (IE, not trying meds to kick DPDR) is definitely the best approach IMO, unless you are in severe danger of harming yourself. While everyone will have a different experience with meds, my spouse did not have positive effects from any medications, with one small exception that I will share via PM if you really want to know. I still maintain however that the medication should be avoided and it did not cure my spouse, it created as many complications as it relieved.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes. I had dp twice. 20 years ago and this 6 weeks ago, both trigerred by extreme dieting. With my second do, i became more certain about my trigger.

On both occasions, i got better. I graduated college n even proceeded with masters n training. I was able to live a fulfilling lufe until 6 weeks ago. Now im recovering again.

In both instances, i made my healthy lifestyle a tool to recover.

Summary:

Your goal now is to eat properly.
- regular breakfast, lunch dinner
- clean carbs (rice potato starchy veggies) ideal weight in pounds a day e.g 100lbs means 100grams carbs a day for maintenance
- clean protein as steamed fish daily ideal weight in pounds at least e.g. 100 pbs means 100 grams of steamed fish
- boiled leafy veggies
- extra virgin olive oil 1 tk 2 tbsp per day
- certified organic pasteur fed egg yolks twice a week for choline (neurotransmitter)
- avoid all fried foods, sugar
- count calories make sure u are getting enough and not in excess

There could be an underlying health issue overlapping your mental issue such as hypothyroidism, low calorie diet, inflammatory diet that is toying w ur metabolism.

Try to fix this first.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would like to emphasize clean eating... that means i made effort to avoid fried foods and roasted foods. I only ate ust steamed or boiled foods while my mind was all confused. I planned and cooked my meals ahead to make it easier and doable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I eat super healthy now I'm pratcing going vegan. This illness is horrible I can't believe this is my life now I feel like I ruined my brain to drugs all I did was weed..... I've never felt so trapped in my life. In six more months if I'm not better I don't know if I can go on.. I'm givin up

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmm im not very sure if vegetarianism is for everyone. Just in any case for future reference, u can try having steamed fish if u feel vegetarianism isnt working for u.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What kinda recipe lol and I'm just trying stay eating more fruits and veggies maybe not 100% vegan but just having healthy choices

1 - 17 of 17 Posts