Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've pushed my self super hard I've gone to friends every day all day for the last few days.Ive been working out for the last few weeks.

I've got myself back on a sleeping schedule.I go outside everyday and push myself to stay outside longer each day.Today I actually went on a walk by myself.

I know this sounds odd and tmi but when I shower I actually would make my spouse sit in there because I had a fear of falling or fainting and I've been going alone into the shower again.

These are all super big steps for me but I've began to feel weird physically at night when I'm getting ready to sleep.Its hard to explain the feeling it's almost like I'm partially out of body partially in my body if that makes sense.

I cried and actually felt the sadness behind the cry for the first time in months.

I really am concerned about the physical feelings I'm getting at night I don't have them during the day as often at all and it's an odd in between feeling.

Could someone explain this feeling?
Should I be concerned?

It's only at night.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow you are out of this world.. you QUESTION everything dayum.. and I thought I was bad. Let things be, you can't control everything you are making yourself crazy.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well done for the positive steps you have taken Kay. That's really great stuff.

Yep, I can explain the feeling perfectly it is anxiety and dpdr. That's all you need to know. Nothing mystical or out of the ordinary here

·
Registered
445 Posts
All you need to do, is show the fear who is boss. After a while, the boss becomes the default personality again.

You're doing great

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I've pushed my self super hard I've gone to friends every day all day for the last few days.Ive been working out for the last few weeks.

I've got myself back on a sleeping schedule.I go outside everyday and push myself to stay outside longer each day.Today I actually went on a walk by myself.

I know this sounds odd and tmi but when I shower I actually would make my spouse sit in there because I had a fear of falling or fainting and I've been going alone into the shower again.

These are all super big steps for me but I've began to feel weird physically at night when I'm getting ready to sleep.Its hard to explain the feeling it's almost like I'm partially out of body partially in my body if that makes sense.

I cried and actually felt the sadness behind the cry for the first time in months.

I really am concerned about the physical feelings I'm getting at night I don't have them during the day as often at all and it's an odd in between feeling.

Could someone explain this feeling?
Should I be concerned?

It's only at night.
I'm far too stubborn to even tell my wife that I fear everything, and have bad DP/DR because she doesn't understand it, so i shut up and shower VERY quickly because of this. Not every day is bad, but days like today where I have the flu, even leaving my room is impossible.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope things get better I know it's hard for the longest I swore I was going crazy and I wouldn't tell anyone.

I finally broke and told my doctor and spouse out of fear that I was going insane.Once I spoke with my doctor I felt much better knowing it is more common than people would think because it's a natural defense mechanism.

I now go outside everyday I try to leave the house once a day.

I absolutely have bad days still but I push through it. I'm trying to learn more of what my triggers are and I personally don't run from the trigger I actually sir and deal with it even if I feel like I'm in a dream or feel funny.

I was so obsessed with it that I wasn't leaving my bed. I finally just got up and decided I was tired of living my life just sitting. I started working out for the most part everyday. I no longer eat or drink anything with sugars and try my best to not eat fast foods.

My biggest issue now seems to be nights but even that is getting easier.

Today I went for a ride with my family member and I was almost amazed about how present I feel everything felt familiar again. Of course when I got home it came back.

Seeing that everyday I'm doing more and more things by myself and not freaking out gives me hope.

You got this we will get better. I've learned that even though we wish it would just stop it won't but it can help us learn or learns. I know that sounds ridiculous but I'm slowly learning who I am again as a person in a sense it's taught me how amazing life is.

Keep your head up and be honest with your wife.

The way I told my spouse is a showed them online a video that had in depth detail on what it is so they could understand on a visual level.

Good luck

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much AL_pK.

Alot of what you've told me finally got through my head and I've been doing alot better of course I still deal with it.

I know longer sit In it anymore.I know it will complete go away eventually and everyday I have more clear moments and and no longer obsess.

If I feel funny I literally just tell my self it's dpdr your good and keep moving.

Thank you for giving me hope and helping me understand what it is and why I shouldn't be afraid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts