Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to photograph the Derealisation experience to visually represent what it is like.

I want to know what your triggers are?
What do you feel cures your Derealisation/Depersonalisation?
What would you suggest I photograph to represent what it is like to have the disorder?

I want to be able to visually express and make people aware of the disorder through my art work and feel any sort of response would be a huge help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Over saturation of colors. Everything out of focus. I remember looking at my hands quiet a bit, because they didn't feel like mine. Same as looking at myself in the mirror, obviously I saw myself clearly, but everything felt blurred because I was so overstimulated that I couldnt focus. Triggers? I'm not sure what triggered me. Could have been a reaction to a antibiotic I was prescribed to residual grief over my father's death. Medication is what worked as a cure for me.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well it's a constant thing for me, there are no triggers, it's just my reality now. To me the world sort of looks like this, if you couple it with the feeling of being off-balance and the sensation that your head is sort of swaying a little, even when stationary.

blurry%20pub.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
It feels like you're not the part of reality. You know you are there, but you just dont FEEL it. Colours seem for me distorted, sometimes they are too bright, sometimes too dark. Sunny days are worst. Just too much energy outside.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Chicane that's exactly what mine looks like to me, when I'm packing it's like that but even worse I can't see at all.

My derelization vision I would explain like a computer game worse outside when it's really sunny everything is like the contrast colour is turned up very fake looking the sky looks like a backdrop on a movie set etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts