Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently taking a " Oral Communications" class at CC and today is the first day that we have to give a short speech. We have to give at least a 2 minute autobiographical speech about ourselves. Now iknow this isn't long,but for some reason, as soon as i woke up i was hit with anxiety and i know thats whats causing it. Obviously talking about yourself isn't a hard thing to do, but i still feel anxious about it. I dunno im basically just looking for any tips/advice on how to make myself less anxious before presenting the speech.

Thanks

Peace

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am currently taking a " Oral Communications" class at CC and today is the first day that we have to give a short speech. We have to give at least a 2 minute autobiographical speech about ourselves. Now iknow this isn't long,but for some reason, as soon as i woke up i was hit with anxiety and i know thats whats causing it. Obviously talking about yourself isn't a hard thing to do, but i still feel anxious about it. I dunno im basically just looking for any tips/advice on how to make myself less anxious before presenting the speech.

Thanks

Peace

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually i think im gonna drop the class, for two reasons

1. I don't need extra anxiety in my life right now

2. The class is 2 and a half hours long, and last week i had trouble not falling asleep after like the first hour.

and i believe its only an elective.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually i think im gonna drop the class, for two reasons

1. I don't need extra anxiety in my life right now

2. The class is 2 and a half hours long, and last week i had trouble not falling asleep after like the first hour.

and i believe its only an elective.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is what I did with a presentation class last year, how was it called, rhetorics I think. I figured that it is just an extra burden given all the lectures I had to give in other classes anyway, so why the pressure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is what I did with a presentation class last year, how was it called, rhetorics I think. I figured that it is just an extra burden given all the lectures I had to give in other classes anyway, so why the pressure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I, i agree

Also im looking to get another job and the class is from 4 pm to 6:30 pm and i know that might interfere with establishing a work schedule.

Im still a full time student though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I, i agree

Also im looking to get another job and the class is from 4 pm to 6:30 pm and i know that might interfere with establishing a work schedule.

Im still a full time student though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah as far as I am concerned dropping the class did not result in any disadvantage for me. the students that participated told me it was crap and for nothing. so just do it if it is fun, if not, nobody cares.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah as far as I am concerned dropping the class did not result in any disadvantage for me. the students that participated told me it was crap and for nothing. so just do it if it is fun, if not, nobody cares.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts