Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that a lot of people have the issues with believing that other people aren’t real and it’s all a dream/simulation. I used to have that when I was younger, like 17-18 when I first experienced. But the one thing that keeps me going now is that fact that I know other people are real and don’t experience What I’m going through and do find joy and normal ness in being human. I think what attacks me more often is the fact that there a 6 billion other consciences on earth. That’s nuts to me. Makes me feel small like there’s something bigger. And then I guess the “animal” like fact, I feel we are just bots that react to stimuli. Our brain generates thoughts from us going through the world and reactions and we are just the observer. The best relief to this to me is to try and engulf yourself in activities you enjoy or used to enjoy. Something cognitively active. I know some of us are in tough spots and even when we try to do things we enjoy thoughts persist, trust me, I know, I have DP and control anxiety so I analyze every thought that comes to my head and ask, why did i think of that? How did I know how to respond with those words? Etc. it’s just not as bad when active or social.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm battling depersonalization and solipsism at the moment and it's very bad.

However I disagree I believe people are not real, posts like this appear out of chance as I believe my life is a fix.

I spent a week in hospital two years ago which gave me a different perspective and left lots of unanswered questions. People said "I wouldn't get back" since this I believed I was not going to survive and that losing your mind means you really don't get back luckily I did get better. They sent physiatrists, psychologists and nurses to my house after my breakdown why did they send these people? I had an over sensitised experience of life and when I was ill my family would say hi to anyone when I was recovering. They seemed understanding though.

I believe words like solipsism only came up by chance as I was questioning am I real? Nobody can prove life exists outside the mind. I've always been suspicious of life why am I here these questions? At the moment I do believe my life is a fix and all planned out. What gives me evidence of this? Well if worm holes exist we can go back in time or toward.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By planned out do you mean no free will and everything is pre determined? Like you’re just a robot? :phil10

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By planned out do you mean no free will and everything is pre determined? Like you’re just a robot? :phil10

·
Registered
140 Posts
By planned out do you mean no free will and everything is pre determined? Like you're just a robot? :phil10
Google Trueman show and The Adjustment Bureau this sort of idea. The Adjustment Bureau
Is where your life is pre planned.

I believe in free will but fear some things like who you meet or where you work are preplanned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts