Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So im writing a new post since my last one didnt get any answers. Im a women, 32 years old, from Scandinavia. I got derealization (i think) 7 years ago after a massive panic attac that made me feel like my soul left my body (?!) And i couldnt even open my jaw during the attack. When the attack was over i fell asleep just to wake up the next day and feel that everything was different in some way i was unable to put word on. I wouldnt say that things felt really unreal but more just different, less crisp, foggy and different. Is this still derealization? The floor was moving up and down 24/7, felt dizzy, burning sensations in my body all the time, jumped by loud sounds, couldnt watch horror movies without freaking out, felt like i was gonna get crazy etc etc. As time passed some of this symtoms remaind but today i have massive brain fog 24/7, constant light pressure in the head and around the sinuses, emotional numbness (the worst part, more strong during periods, lessens a bit sometimes), SO MUCH different physical symtomps that the list would be to long if i write them all down. Anyway, 3 years ago i gave birth to my son. The second day after his birth i just felt this intanse shift in my view of the sourroundings. All my feelings came back, empathy etc. I LOVED my son and i was crying out of happiness because of the fact that i got my old self and life back. This feeling lasted for 6 month (and then i stopped breastfeeding him), and after that the brain fog, strange distant feeling (like a wall between me and the world) and the physical anxiety symptoms slowly got its grips of me again. Im still really bad and this brakes my heart sooooo much as i cant even feel like my son is mine sometimes. What do i think might be a CURE? Different hormones! As u all probably know, oxytocin, vassopressin and dopamine is released in big amount during child birth and while breastfeeding. But how can we get this hormones going? I really dont know, and im not saying that this is the ultimate cure bot at least for me it was. The medicine Naloxone,as i understand, is a opiod antagonist that work on the kappa opiod network and i read at a post here that to much reaction from that one suppresses oxytocin and vassopressin(that is so important for our feelinga of love, empathy and connection). So MAYBE this is the reason that naloxone works for some people ? Im gonna ask my doctor to give it to me, and i hope he will agree to do so. Just wanted to hear your thoughts about this?! And one thing more: i read that naloxone also been used as a medicine for treating emotional numbness in People suffering from PTSD. Intresting i think.. and maybe a little bit of hope to some of you out there.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Really interesting thought. Thanks for sharing. & I hope you feel better again soon! Keep us updated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts