Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have constantly existential thoughts and overthinking. Im in this dpdr state and im constantly thinking of the meaning of everything. Everything I do or see people doing im thinking what is the point off all this. What are we doing here, we are all dying? I always investigate everything why is someone watching me? Or doing something or saying something. With what meaning, is he lying, he says that because he wants something. People are always making stories up and telling jokes but why, this is all meaningless for me. They are telling everything like 10 times its making me crazy.

Then I have these thoughs about why we live and what purpose we have why am I dropped here in this world? I dont want to do things because its all meaningless. People are fake and lying. They just say things to make them feel better and ly to impress others. I just have so many unanswerd questions. I hate the society how it works, politics, material stuff, how people are talking all the time about money, how they dont share and are egoistic. How they demolish the nature.

I just want to get out of here but because of my dpdr I feel so bad, with these thoughs I dont find a way out and dont see the point off living anymore. I dont know what to do. I just want to go live off the grid close to nature, in a sort of community away from the society where everybody helps eachother and dont have the need in money . and luxery. I think I will feel better then. Does somebody have the same thoughs?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have constantly existential thoughts and overthinking. Im in this dpdr state and im constantly thinking of the meaning of everything. Everything I do or see people doing im thinking what is the point off all this. What are we doing here, we are all dying? I always investigate everything why is someone watching me? Or doing something or saying something. With what meaning, is he lying, he says that because he wants something. People are always making stories up and telling jokes but why, this is all meaningless for me. They are telling everything like 10 times its making me crazy.

Then I have these thoughs about why we live and what purpose we have why am I dropped here in this world? I dont want to do things because its all meaningless. People are fake and lying. They just say things to make them feel better and ly to impress others. I just have so many unanswerd questions. I hate the society how it works, politics, material stuff, how people are talking all the time about money, how they dont share and are egoistic. How they demolish the nature.

I just want to get out of here but because of my dpdr I feel so bad, with these thoughs I dont find a way out and dont see the point off living anymore. I dont know what to do. I just want to go live off the grid close to nature, in a sort of community away from the society where everybody helps eachother and dont have the need in money . and luxery. I think I will feel better then. Does somebody have the same thoughs?
I hear ya!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everybody is like working almost all year long and are tired and stressed for 20-30-40 years. All to buy stuff. All to buy stuff that the society wants them to buy. They are working 30 years to buy a place where they can sleep!? This is absurd..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Everybody is like working almost all year long and are tired and stressed for 20-30-40 years. All to buy stuff. All to buy stuff that the society wants them to buy. They are working 30 years to buy a place where they can sleep!? This is absurd..
I used to enjoy my job before DP/DR, so it's not everybody

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Funny how peoples obsession for money and power and material things and the ultimate in happiness often ends up destroying their health....Both mental and physical......

Poor health (Mental or Physical) = Poor quality of life....No matter what you possess or how big your bank balance is your health is priceless....

Its sad to say that 99% of people in the world believe winning the lottery will solve all their problems...

·
Registered
162 Posts
But lifes not suppose to be this serious.. U know. Everything gonna end. We die. And we dont know what happens? World is not here anymore.
We can thinn very negativily all day long. And ruminate our feelings and thoughts. And think that all is wrong and all is bad. But if we do that we just create that reality more and more.
I think its all about adding new things into this cold rude and meaningless state. Every action and every thought have so much to do how we feel.
But anyway.. Im still learning myself and same boat as you all...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
But lifes not suppose to be this serious.. U know. Everything gonna end. We die. And we dont know what happens? World is not here anymore.
We can thinn very negativily all day long. And ruminate our feelings and thoughts. And think that all is wrong and all is bad. But if we do that we just create that reality more and more.
I think its all about adding new things into this cold rude and meaningless state. Every action and every thought have so much to do how we feel.
As far as im concerned life is meant to be enjoyed not endured....You can only do this by simplifying it and by enjoying what you have instead of constantly whining about what you havent got....

Too many people are actually forgetting how blessed they are to actually have a roof over their head and food in their mouth....Its actually that basic....There are many people in the world who have no such LUXURIES....And yes these simple things are luxuries in the eyes of many...Unfortunately in the materialistic western world these things are seen as the absolute minimum and people then model their lives on obtaining wealth and power....

Society is pretty damaged....It has become way too complicated for the average person who now believes they are total failures unless there are a whole bunch of extra zeros on their bank balance statements....

·
Administrator
942 Posts
Self-talk becomes automatic thoughts. We have more control than we realize.

In the background we have automatic thoughts running, most of which is bad advice and untruths we got from other people.

I'm posting because I liked what you said about how life's not supposed to be this serious, I agree :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes maybe you are right but I still have these thoughs and thinking to much about everything, thats my problem, I know its not good and I have to let it go. But its difficult, its like I live in my head and have all these thoughs but the real present dont seem to happen.

·
Registered
631 Posts

Yes. Although my thoughts are on being away from socitey altogether, save for perhaps a few people. Of course, that's obviously a fanatasy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feel the same way as you do about society and questioning existence etc. It sucks and its so time consuming. I have wasted 4 years on dp. I wish I knew what to do to get back in reality instead of going in circles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts