Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I've been suffering with DP and DR since about 2015. It's better than it used to be in the beginning, but back then I would obsess over existential thoughts and they'd fill me with doubts and make me feel anxious. I'm better at ignoring them now, but I don't feel truly over them. They made me question things like "is anything even real" and "are people real or did I make them up?" "Is the universe a computer simulation" and whilst these thoughts don't fill me with so much anxiety, they still scare me a bit. I don't feel like I ever be able to relax and live my life until I know the answers to these questions or until I just start believing everything is real again. Like I said, it's better now, but there's still and underlining doubt that everything is fake and I don't think I'll ever get over that because I worried about these things too much and for too long. Can anyone relate? Anyone have any suggestions as what to do?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Anxiety is a liar with a very negative bias... always remember that. Just try and ask yourself, "so what if these things are true... what would that change?" 99/100 times that answer is going to be "absolutely nothing".

On a side note I've always found the "universe is a simulation" theory to be comical even through my DP, way too absurd to even worry about.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It changes a lot for me, actually. The idea that nothing real or matters means a lot. Actions would have no consequences, feelings wouldn't mean anything. So also g myself what would change does NOT help.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't go on just ignoring the problem, the existentialism when I start to think about just so that I don't get anxious. I want to be able to confront and not feel scared, not feel like I'm potentially just living in a dream. How do I get past that? How do I feel sure of the universe again?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts