Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is a symptom of dp but I've been noticing that as of recently, I have been feeling way too attached to fictional characters and plots in movies, books, and tv shows. It's like I can't get the thoughts of it out of my head for days/weeks at a time, which sucks because it makes enjoying books, tv shows, and movies a lot more difficult. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Its probably from the obsessional symptom of dp. Dp/dr is essentially an obsession based disorder with a detachment from reality or self. Clearly fiction isnt reality so maybe instead of obsessing over health, going crazy or existential thoughts, your obsessing over fiction. I did have a time where i focused obsession on something fictional while dped and it distressed me for a time so i think i know what your talking about. But it kinda evolved into other obsessions over time. Right now, im dealing with existential shit. But just remember itll pass with time. When its constantly flooding your mind, it makes you think its impossible for it to go away. I feel the same way rn even though its not the same obsession. I just try to remind myself itll pass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts