Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that feels like they're in another dimension? I don't feel like I live at the moment - when I'm doing something, I'm in my mind, at a total different place and don't feel anything of the moment. I'm like not even here again. Also - not only do I feel like I'm in a dream, my way of thinking, how my thoughts are processed are like in a dream. I'm scared that I sometimes have to think twice if this a dream or real? (Bc in dreams everything is possible) Can anyone relate?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I felt that way for a period following a powerful temporal lobe seizure. I've seen the term "post ictal psychosis" to describe such an

altered state of consciousness, but I don't think I ever completely lost touch with reality though my interface was significantly impaired.

Since the only altered state I had been familiar with up to that time was the dream state, it was tempting to question whether I was awake,

or actually dreaming. Ultimately, I relied on my intellect to sort things out. I knew I had to be awake, even though I didn't understand why

things seemed so different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts