Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
since when have i not been nice to you???

im confused

ive never said ONE negative thing to you ever, i actually said you were pretty hot lol.....

its ok though

G

·
since when have i not been nice to you???

im confused

ive never said ONE negative thing to you ever, i actually said you were pretty hot lol.....

its ok though

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey Uni,

I checked out online radio stations for a little while, I mean a really short little while, then just stopped it. I think it's because if you try looking elsewhere, you can get much more... I.E. a program called "SoulSeek" has practically every full album from virtually every musical genre known to man. I usually download stuff from there and give it a whirl.

The reason I started looking for radio stations online were few. For one all the local radio stations here are pretty much crap. They play the same 12-20 songs over and over. It's really bad; they didn't used to be like that. But also, I found certain bands/music I really liked and I wanted to find comparable stuff to enjoy. Anyway, what I started doing was just going to Amazon.com and listening to CD's based on others' reviews of CD's that I did in fact enjoy.

Still, all that's not quite as easy as listening to the radio, free of doing anything. I'll check out that link above soon.

:p

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey Uni,

I checked out online radio stations for a little while, I mean a really short little while, then just stopped it. I think it's because if you try looking elsewhere, you can get much more... I.E. a program called "SoulSeek" has practically every full album from virtually every musical genre known to man. I usually download stuff from there and give it a whirl.

The reason I started looking for radio stations online were few. For one all the local radio stations here are pretty much crap. They play the same 12-20 songs over and over. It's really bad; they didn't used to be like that. But also, I found certain bands/music I really liked and I wanted to find comparable stuff to enjoy. Anyway, what I started doing was just going to Amazon.com and listening to CD's based on others' reviews of CD's that I did in fact enjoy.

Still, all that's not quite as easy as listening to the radio, free of doing anything. I'll check out that link above soon.

:p

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Unfortunately, I find it impossible to focus on more than one task at a time. Can't work on the computer w/music playing. Can't study w/the TV on. Can't fall asleep to music, or any noise, etc.

Spent most of college in the library as the dorms were too noisy. Have pissed off co-workers who like to listen to the radio at work. I have to insist they turn it off, not just down.

Multi-tasking is DP-ville for me.

Also, I prefer to listen to the radio lying on my sofa, or driving in my car on a fine summer evening.

Question though
I was recently blasted with Malware. I'm leery of downloading or whatever you need to do to get these stations. It looks like a download.
Is there any chance of getting a computer virus, malware, etc. by using the radio on the internet? There are a few talk shows that aren't local I'd like to listen to now and again. Music too.

Best,
D :shock:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Unfortunately, I find it impossible to focus on more than one task at a time. Can't work on the computer w/music playing. Can't study w/the TV on. Can't fall asleep to music, or any noise, etc.

Spent most of college in the library as the dorms were too noisy. Have pissed off co-workers who like to listen to the radio at work. I have to insist they turn it off, not just down.

Multi-tasking is DP-ville for me.

Also, I prefer to listen to the radio lying on my sofa, or driving in my car on a fine summer evening.

Question though
I was recently blasted with Malware. I'm leery of downloading or whatever you need to do to get these stations. It looks like a download.
Is there any chance of getting a computer virus, malware, etc. by using the radio on the internet? There are a few talk shows that aren't local I'd like to listen to now and again. Music too.

Best,
D :shock:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Dreamer,

You can be confident in downloading Winamp, the primary MP3 player used around the world. No worry of viruses. Generally, websites who offer radio stations just have a URL, or net address, that you copy, and paste it into your winamp player. It's all very easy, and I can help you if need be.

Don't worry about any viruses.

Oh, http://www.winamp.com

·
Registered
283 Posts
Dreamer,

You can be confident in downloading Winamp, the primary MP3 player used around the world. No worry of viruses. Generally, websites who offer radio stations just have a URL, or net address, that you copy, and paste it into your winamp player. It's all very easy, and I can help you if need be.

Don't worry about any viruses.

Oh, http://www.winamp.com

·
Registered
291 Posts
I love All That Jazz with Brian Parker. You need to download something called Abacast, "a plugin to connect to the audio streaming." I have had this on my machine for a long time with no problems or wierdness.

http://www.jazz-radio.fm/home1.php

·
Registered
291 Posts
I love All That Jazz with Brian Parker. You need to download something called Abacast, "a plugin to connect to the audio streaming." I have had this on my machine for a long time with no problems or wierdness.

http://www.jazz-radio.fm/home1.php

1 - 20 of 20 Posts