Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Had dp/dr since about 2015. It's a lot better than it used to be and I'm mostly over it but there's just a couple things I feel are stopping me from being okay.

One thing is thoughts. The existential thoughts are the worst. I don't get them as much as I used, which is great, but whenever I do get them they still make me really anxious and they're hard to just brush off as something dumb cause I end up feeling like I believe them.

The second thing is something I feel I might not be able to fix ever? Because of all the ruminating on the existential thoughts I feel like I'll never feel like my world is real. I just want to feel sure and happy and in m life, I don't want to feel as if my life could potentially be a fake and be a lie.

Any advice on how to fix those things? Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can relate. I had issues with DP since 2012 and the only part that really bothered me was the existential thoughts. Made me feel control less. Still get these thoughts and they are tough but you’ve got to face them. Like to an extent reality does change for you. Like for me I have come to the fact that free will definetly is limited and a lot of things are out of our control and just happen, very difficult to accept but I must.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts