Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have one question.. when you are 100% recovered, is it 100% as it was before dp dr ? Because I am nearly fully recovered, but if I eat sweets or if I find myself doing something stressful, I feel a little bit of confusion, not as before, but there is still some confusion and some sensations that I get, like a little bit of dizziness or the feeling that I can t concentrate properly.
I remember that 2 months ago I was eating everything without knowing for example that sugar makes it worse... and still recovered nearly 98% ... so I think that not the eating is the problem, but the management of stress.. and I suppose that my brain just needs to feel a little bit safe until I ll hit 100% recovery...
Do you eat whatever you want whenever you want without having any of those feelings back, not even 1%? Also, when you are stressed, these sensations do not come back?

·
Administrator
985 Posts
It's funny you should mention this as recently I've switched to a low GI diet - at least most of the time as I'm no monk. I would live on large starchy potatoes and bread, and I never questioned it because they are concidered staple foods, but then I read that they are both very high on the GI scale and someone said it's like eating bowls of sugar! I switched to baby potatoes and healthy cereals instead of large spuds and sandwiches and I do feel better for it.

Anyway, someone once said that they got better when they accepted that there is no such thing as a fixed state of perfect wellbeing. We are organic and how we are varies day to day. Everyone may feel good and bad at different times depending on all sorts of things, including diet, how tired or rested they are, and how they are generally. The difference is that most people just accept how they are feeling on any given day and don't fixate on every detail or change. So if you can accept that how you feel may fluctuate and try not to always be searching for some fixed "cured" state that never really existed anyway then you will do better than worrying about it. How ever you feel today is just how you feel today, and that's fine. Always striving for this mythical 100% perfect condition and worrying about it all the time keeps you unwell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts