Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as to what you all think of the fact that you "look" perfectly fine to other people, and whether or not that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I, for one, wish that others could see my disability, for the simple reason that they might not treat me like garbage or make negative assumptions about my character.

For example, if someone just walked right into another person on the street, they might yell, "hey, watch where you're going, idiot!" Yet if that person were donning sunglasses and sporting a cane, the other person would be the jackass for not stepping out of the way.

That's kind of how I feel about this. I feel that it would be easier to cope with this if I didn't have to worry about others assuming I'm lazy or rude or sociopathic or just a big sissy, as they have for most of my life.

I've noticed posts from others saying that you are glad others can't see this, mostly because you don't want them to treat you differently, or gauge their reaction if they knew.

So I thought I would start a thread specifically on this topic. I don't think I've seen one yet on this forum, but if so, my bad.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not sure, one the one hand I sort of like the normality and not being questioned how you are 24/7 or drawing attention to myself. however sometimes I think it would be nice if someone asked, and in school it would sort of be nice if people didn't think I was really shy or slightly weird and sometimes made an effort and then respected if I wanted to be alone. but I think people would probably have a lack of understanding but you never know

·
Registered
877 Posts
This subject draws my will to live. If i could be one of those bald cancer patients getting 100k likes on social media because of the struggle and how hard you are fighting to live. That would be the easiest thing in the world compared to DP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts