Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PREAMBLE: If you are in ANY WAY homophobic, DISREGARD THIS POST NOW.

So I decided that I'd attempt something different in 2013: Trying. Trying to be a "real person," putting myself out there in the world, and actually making an attempt to get better.

I've been doing pretty well; I've been working out 5 days a week, eating more, going outside, etc. But today I made one of the biggest moves possible, I went on a date.

Now, I haven't been on a date in 3 years since my last break-up, so I was anxious as hell to say the very least. We met up, had some lunch, and wound up having a really good time. But, as soon as I got home, the thoughts started. "Do I really like him, or am I just trying to fill a void?" "Where is this going?" "Am I even worthy of his time?" "How can I possibly attempt to start a new relationship if my head is this fucked up?"

From what I can infer, I really like him. The aura that I got from him was one of, "I think this one's a keeper." Is that weird?? But I am just so afraid of #1. Making a huge terrible mess of things, just like last time and #2. Letting someone in, and showing the vulnerable side of myself.

In any case, I don't want to fuck a good thing up before it starts, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I realize that this isn't the DPD Dating Forum, but a friend in need, no?

· Registered
1,914 Posts
Hi I just read your post, I know what it's like to date with DP ... If you like him just go for it and if he's worth your time he will stick around reguardless of you having DP or not ... I won just make recovery a number 1 priority and you have already started that

You really need to work on your self worth, going into a relationship thinking you are worthless automatically makes this guy appear to be better and more worthier then u and that's not a way to be in any relationship

· Registered
620 Posts
You have to clarify your goal, because there seems to be confusion there.

If your goal is to get better, than you focus on that and any possibly conflicting goals are shunted off to the side.

What I mean by that is, going out and socializing are helpful for DP. But when you bring a whole host of other expectations and desires into the equation, things get unnecessarily complicated.

So you let go of outcome, and socialize/date because it's good for you. That's it.

I know it's "easier said than done", but at least one has to approach it in that manner - doing it without attachment to outcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.