Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know exactly what you are going through. Maybe not as intense but reading your words made me want to cry because of how perfectly you articulated how I have been feeling for the past 6 weeks. I’ve never been diagnosed with anything and I was happy and carefree and confident my whole life up until my experience with ocd,anxiety/depression and dp. It happened suddenly due to an unexpected reaction to marijuana of which I have a low tolerance. I got hit hard physically and mentally. I’ve lost 20lbs and think about things I never thought before. I didn’t know how to explain the dp to anyone I knew other than those with anxiety. I never had a panic attack but it seems as though my brain is on constant alert. Sleep is near impossible. I think constantly! I can’t shut it off. I feel disconnected all the time. It’s horrible. At first it was like some strange inner monologue going on non stop. My brain never really quiets. The only thing that helps is exercise and really distracting myself doing 2 things at once. I’m afraid of my own thoughts. I’m obsessed with googling everything I think or feel for some type of reassurance that I’m not crazy and I will be ok. I just happened to find this site today after weeks of reading about people but nothing as recent. Hopefully this message reaches you to let you know you are not alone as much as being in your own head can make you feel that way.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts