Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, back again :/ it seems this is an ebb and flow process. Anyway, when experiencing heightened DR/DP, for those of you with OCD thoughts, do you ever get on such negative loops you feel depressed and like you will go crazy is your brain doesn’t quiet down? My thoughts take me on a roller coaster to dark places and I get so exhausted I find myself sleeping to escape (or now I’ve developed binge eating as a lovely new form of comfort. Ugh) anyone relate to this path of negativity?

·
Registered
19 Posts
This has quieted down for me a lot, but still happens infrequently. At first I couldn’t get the thought that I must have brain damage out of my head. It was torturous. Now it’s usually something totally silly, such as “you coughed and a droplet of spit must have fallen into the USB drive of your computer, and surely it will break any moment now” or “you looked at the sun for a split second, surely you’ll go blind soon.” Lowering overall anxiety reduced the intensity of these for me. What really crushed them though was acknowledging them as OCD, catastrophic thinking, and anxiety driven bullshit every single time they occured. Now when I have these thoughts I just roll my eyes and think “yeah sure this horrible thing will happen, just like the last thousand times, right?” And they’re gone, just like that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you both for the replies. I’ve had OCD forever but somehow it’s like it starts all over and I have to re learn how to deal. Those are good tips and at least I’m not alone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts