Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

Well I'm doing ok. I've definitely been better though. I posted recently that after 4 years of doing pretty good, the dp has flared its ugly face in my life again. I think it's been brought on by the move we are making in the next week from the country into town. I'm spending most of the day trying not to obsess about going insane, while still taking on my regular daily tasks. What scares me the most is when the dp is strong and I start questioning reality and the nature of being alive. The whole thing about what it is to be human, and then I start detaching from myself even more and really feeling like I'm going to be crazy soon. I read through my old journal to see how I got through this before and returned to a somewhat "normal" life, and it seems that medication was the key for me. My psychiatrist says I need to up my SSRI (Lexapro) in order to feel better.

I guess I'm just wondering if you guys get those obsessive thoughts about being alive and what it is to be here.. and the other thing that really bothers me is the way people around me don't seem to really be there. I usually find alot of comfort in my husband, but it's hard when it doesn't seem like anything is real... I'm sure you all relate.

Wishing for peace

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi friends,

Well I'm doing ok. I've definitely been better though. I posted recently that after 4 years of doing pretty good, the dp has flared its ugly face in my life again. I think it's been brought on by the move we are making in the next week from the country into town. I'm spending most of the day trying not to obsess about going insane, while still taking on my regular daily tasks. What scares me the most is when the dp is strong and I start questioning reality and the nature of being alive. The whole thing about what it is to be human, and then I start detaching from myself even more and really feeling like I'm going to be crazy soon. I read through my old journal to see how I got through this before and returned to a somewhat "normal" life, and it seems that medication was the key for me. My psychiatrist says I need to up my SSRI (Lexapro) in order to feel better.

I guess I'm just wondering if you guys get those obsessive thoughts about being alive and what it is to be here.. and the other thing that really bothers me is the way people around me don't seem to really be there. I usually find alot of comfort in my husband, but it's hard when it doesn't seem like anything is real... I'm sure you all relate.

Wishing for peace

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can totally relate!!! The more I read of these symptoms, the more I realize that this was what was totally going on for me as well. I know first hand what it feels like to not feel like anything is real, to question reality, to wonder about why our exsistance. I went through this, too. I feel that medication was key for me, too, as well as doing some redirective thinking. Keeping a journal was helpful. I would write down each day what the serene moments were. I ended with a positive affermation like "I am getting better everyday" or "I am filled with peace".

Hang on, talk more with your Dr., read your journal. You'll get through this. One thing I notice about dp/dr is once your in it, it feels like you're stuck. I'm living proof that you don't have to be stuck and that it can and often does end.

Good luck and take care,

Carla

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can totally relate!!! The more I read of these symptoms, the more I realize that this was what was totally going on for me as well. I know first hand what it feels like to not feel like anything is real, to question reality, to wonder about why our exsistance. I went through this, too. I feel that medication was key for me, too, as well as doing some redirective thinking. Keeping a journal was helpful. I would write down each day what the serene moments were. I ended with a positive affermation like "I am getting better everyday" or "I am filled with peace".

Hang on, talk more with your Dr., read your journal. You'll get through this. One thing I notice about dp/dr is once your in it, it feels like you're stuck. I'm living proof that you don't have to be stuck and that it can and often does end.

Good luck and take care,

Carla

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mate,
I know what you are talking about...these obsessive thoughts. They are the worst, THE WORST. So painful and exhausting and yet so compelling. Don't ruminate on them. Dont ruminate on them. Dont runinate on them. Dont ruminate on them. Dont ruminate on them.Please don't.

There are no answers even though it seems like if we are SO CLOSE to figuring out the truth. Instead we go around and around in circles. You feel like you are close to insanity because you know the expression "this is driving me crazy!!!!". Lots of people feel crazy and insane when they experience the frustration of going around and around to no avail, trying to figure out something that they cant figure out.

You know what you and I should do? Make a list of all the things that are worrying us in REAL life and come up with solutions or ways of coping. I think that we have so many worries that we put to the back of our brain without addressing them amd putting them into perspective. So our poor brain picks something else that we ARE willing to openly worry about. Its a real bitch the way anxiety works.

You and I will be ok. This is a stressful time when moving and things will settle down eventually. Do whatever helped you before and know that if its medicine, you might only need it in the short term and get off them when you settle in to town, when it feels safe and familiar to you.

big hug
Monika

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi mate,
I know what you are talking about...these obsessive thoughts. They are the worst, THE WORST. So painful and exhausting and yet so compelling. Don't ruminate on them. Dont ruminate on them. Dont runinate on them. Dont ruminate on them. Dont ruminate on them.Please don't.

There are no answers even though it seems like if we are SO CLOSE to figuring out the truth. Instead we go around and around in circles. You feel like you are close to insanity because you know the expression "this is driving me crazy!!!!". Lots of people feel crazy and insane when they experience the frustration of going around and around to no avail, trying to figure out something that they cant figure out.

You know what you and I should do? Make a list of all the things that are worrying us in REAL life and come up with solutions or ways of coping. I think that we have so many worries that we put to the back of our brain without addressing them amd putting them into perspective. So our poor brain picks something else that we ARE willing to openly worry about. Its a real bitch the way anxiety works.

You and I will be ok. This is a stressful time when moving and things will settle down eventually. Do whatever helped you before and know that if its medicine, you might only need it in the short term and get off them when you settle in to town, when it feels safe and familiar to you.

big hug
Monika

1 - 6 of 6 Posts